chap 23

Anna pov

I wake up hearing a commotion, to find Damien talking to that Lisa, as he enters the elevator. What was that about.

Thinking its best that I just go home, I call in sick. And head home.

Getting into bed, I eventually fall asleep.

A couple of hours later, Tessa comes in with a tray of food. "Anna, dear wake up and have some food, I noticed you weren't feeling to good'

Sitting up, I smile. 'thank you, is Damien home?'

'no not yet, but something came in the mail for you, no returning address though'. She says worried.

'it's ok. Put it in the drawer there please'.

Coming closer to my face, she says 'is there something going on with your face, looks like a bruise is forming' while touching the side that Michael hit.

Flinching away, 'No its fine, I accidently walked into a poll on the street today, didn't think it was that bad, will I need concealer?'

Walking to the mirror, I sigh. Am going to have to cover this up. Grabbing my concealer I get to work.

'why are you covering it?' looking over at Tessa, I sigh 'I don't want him to see me like this'.

'he's your husband, and like you said you walked into a poll, right?'

'yeah. yeah, totally. A poll'  finishing up, I head back to bed. Drinking the juice. 'please, take the rest back for now'

'but, you barely had anything. Are you sure you are ok?'. she says looking worried.

'yeah, just no appetite'. Laying down, I go back to sleep

Hours later, I feel his strong arms wrap around me

'Damien, is that you'  kissing my chin. He says 'yeah, babe it's me, how are you feeling, Tessa says you're not well'

'Shhh, just forget that honey. I had a bad day. I just want to forget it, help me forget it'. Removing the top, I had on, I pull him closer to me.

'make love to me, Damien'

And he did just that.

Next morning

I wake up alone again. Hmmm, the man can just wake me up, I do have work as well.

Coming out of the shower, I head to my closet. Choosing my attire for the day, I throw on a cardigan since it's a bit chilly today.

 Choosing my attire for the day, I throw on a cardigan since it's a bit chilly today

Driving into the parking lot, I can't help but be fearful of the shadows. Quickly walking to the elevator, I press the button repeatedly to call the elevator. Looking behind me, all is clear and I sigh in relieve as the door opens. I enter and head up to our offices, Smith and West Consultancy firm.

Passing by our receptionist Lisa, she sneers at me. Frowning, I walk to my cubicle greeting my neighbours.

Sanders walks over to me, 'morning, Anna, I heard you weren't feeling good yesterday'

'yeah, I think i am coming down with something.'

'oh, hopefully you get better. And the project that Mr Smith, your husband put us on is going smoothly. We will have a presentation to the board in two days'.

'we should all meet up today and prepare the presentation, how about after lunch' I suggest.

'sounds good, see you then. i will email you what we have so far'. Smiling he heads of to his desk.

During lunch, I walked to the kitchen to make some coffee. Guess who I find there.

'morning, Lisa'. Moving to the coffee machine, I press start and wait for my cup of delicous goodness.

'So, did you get anything interesting in the mail lately',

'uh, I don't think my mail is any of your business' I say annoyed with her.

'well, I suggest you check, then you will be able to open your eyes to the kind of man your husband really is!' smirking she turns and leaves the kitchen.

What in the world was that about.