chap 25

Anna pov

Waking up, I found myself in what looks like a hospital.

Pressing the button, a nurse soon walks in. 'how are you, Mrs Smith, you are in St Maria's hospital. You fainted at home'

'what's wrong with me, I need to get home and deal with my husband for cheating'. Looking at me like am crazy, she doesn't have to answer as a doctor walks in.

'ah, I see you are awake, congratulations Mrs Smith. You are pregnant'.

Laughing, I think he's the crazy one. 'there's no way i am pregnant, doctor. We've been using protection... I think'

Gently rubbing my head with my fingers. i ask 'so, what now, I can go home right'

'yes, just take the medication that we prescribed to you and please don't miss any of your meals, that will be all. The nurse will help you get discharged' he gives me a gentle smile as he leaves the room.

Nodding, I get up.  'can you walk on your own or should I get a wheelchair'

'no i am fine'

We head out to find Tessa,  who quickly moves to my side.

'i am ok, it's just the flu'. Though she seemed doubtful. She nods

'ok, sit here while I settle the bill, Manuel went to call your husband'

Scoffing, 'we're almost done here. He might as well just meet us at home'

But no such luck, because he just walked in. franticly looking around until he finally sees us. Seeming relieved, he moves to hug me but I step away walking to the exit with my prescriped prenatal medication.

I walk to Manuel's car. 'Anna, wait up. I came with my car, we can go home together'.

Angrily, I turn around. 'I don't want to go anywhere with you, in fact. Don't ever come near me again'. Looking like he's confused.

I add 'I want that divorce, I want it like yesterday. Please take me home Manuel'. Getting in the back sit of the car. With him in the front we wait for his wife.

We didn't have to wait very long, as she came out. We drove away leaving a stunned Damien behind.

When we arrived, I quickly thanked them and run up to my room. Locking both doors, I started packing the essentials.  I will not be made a fool off.  i dont undrestand how i still love him, with all the anger and sadness that i am feeling right now.  Sighing, i take a moment to just breath and collect my thoughts. Wiping away my tears, i continue packing.

Just as I was zipping up my bag. I hear banging coming from my door. Ignoring him. He moves to the adjoining one. Shaking my head, does he honestly think I haven't locked it from my side. Seeing that its locked as well. He shouts for me to open the door.

'it won't open, so stop banging on it, will you?' I scream out with frustration as I start crying all over again.

'my lawyer will call yours in the morning, hopefully this farce of a marriage will be over by tomorrow afternoon' and i won't have to suffer your presence in my life any longer.

'please, just talk to me, why are you doing this. Everything was fine this morning, baby please let me in'

'I don't think so, I let you in and see where that lead me. Why don't you go ask your mistress Lisa about those photos?'. 

I slowly move to the door, unlocking it. I walk quickly down the stairs. And out the door, 'what now! uhm car, yes, I need a car'.

I consider both the cars and luckily Damien's car keys are still in the ignition. Getting in, I make sure to lock the doors. Just in time too as I see him running towards me.

'Anna, please don't do this to me, to us!' he tries the door handle. 'let me go, just leave me alone, you never loved me'. Feeling my eyes fill with tears, I wipe them away.

Turning the key, the car comes to life. Slamming his fists on the glass, I push down and accelerate out of the yard and out of his life.

--------