Luminesce

Daisuke walked through the freezing snow. A chill ran down his spine as he looked back at the others around him. He and a few other soldiers were on a covert operation to gather intelligence from Russian databases in Siberia. One of them was Fjolla Prifti, who was an eighteen year old Albanian girl with platinum blonde hair and snow white skin. She had a thick accent, though she despite it being very deep in tone, her voice was still soft and feminine, but it didn't lack conviction. Her eyes were a very light blue, almost being white. She was short, extremely skinny, and had a very feminine body. Her curves were prominent, and the equipment did a poor job of hiding it. She was very shy, though incredibly kind if she overcame it. Another soldier was Aniketos Raptis, a twenty-three year old Greek man with brown hair that was almost black, a thick beard, and light tan skin. He was the opposite of Fjolla, having an extremely masculine build, hazel eyes, a gruff voice, solid muscle, and was tall. He was blunt with every word he spoke, and had no filter, but was a good guy if one got to know him. The third soldier was Iseul Song, a twenty-seven year old Korean woman with black hair that had blonde ends, light skin, and brown eyes. She was straightforward and to the point, being cold and seemingly apathetic, but she secretly thought of herself as the team mother. She cared for all of them, but she showed her leadership in her voice. She wasn't quite as short as Fjolla, but it was to be expected. The last member was Zino, who always seemed distracted by not being in Nio's company. She specialized in the covert missions, and was unrivaled as a spy. Daisuke walked through the barren wasteland, making sure that his teammates were all okay. Fjolla, despite being against the notion, was the team's little sister. They vowed to protect her and always gave her special treatment, which angered her, though her voice couldn't show it and she refused to hit any of them. He went over to her and smiled. Her platinum blonde haired was blown behind her by the wind, like silken snow. Daisuke kept it to himself, but she was always beautiful to him. She was the newest recruit on the team, with Iseul having the most seniority, then Aniketos, then himself, and finally Zino.

"How are you holding up, Fjolla?" He asked.

She looked up at him with a smile that seemed like it had been there her entire life.

"I'm alright.. Go check on the rest of the team." She replied, with her voice being just above a whisper.

Daisuke secretly loved how delicate Fjolla seemed, and loved her resilience and how she truly wasn't delicate even more. When it came to the training, she had surpassed all of her expectations, as well as the rest of the soldiers she trained with, though the rest of them were off on a different mission. She was able to beat Daisuke, Zino, and Aniketos in CQC, though barely lost to Iseul. They may have been a rag-tag team of mercenaries, but they go the job done. They called themselves the Fenrirs, and had many members who were killed in combat. Even still, they kept fighting. Iseul was the only founding member left either alive or not put into retirement from an injury.

"I know they're alright." Daisuke said with a smile.

"You know I'm alright too!" Fjolla pouted, causing him to chuckle.

"I know now." He replied, which made her pout even more.

Although there was no tension in the team, Daisuke knew that he was fighting Aniketos for Fjolla. Aniketos loved the contrast between the two of them, but admired her strength and its unexpectedness above all else.

"I know I don't have to worry about you, but I just do anyways." Daisuke said.

"Get it out of your head..." Fjolla muttered.

She looked back up at him and sighed.

"I appreciate it though..." She said with a smile. "Things have changed a lot since I was just a little girl."