Chapter #2

A few hours into the night, I was woken up by Hunk. "H-hey man, what was all that about before?" sitting down on the side of my bed. "I'm useless.. worthless, Allura said it herself" I didn't turn around to look at him, I just kept facing the wall. "No.. She wouldn't say something li-"Hunk, I respect you, but please leave.. I'm not in the mood for talking.."

He got off my bed and left my room quickly. 'Yea.. I'm useless..' I said to myself until I fell back asleep.

The next morning, I didn't join my team for breakfast, I didn't see any reason to. I didn't even see any reason in getting out of bed. I didn't leave my room for the whole day, not for eating or for drinking. I just stayed in bed, sleeping. "Lance what are you doing in there?" Were the first words I heard when I first woke up. It was Princess Allura. 

"Sleeping," 'Like the worthless Paladin I am'. 

Allura entered my room, with Keith and Pidge behind her. "Why haven't you been eating with us?" Pidge asked. "Because.. is there a reason for me to eat?" 'To drink... To Breath..' The last part I just said in my head, knowing they wouldn't care even if I did say it aloud. "Of course! You need to eat Lance! You won't have strength for missions otherwise" Said Keith. "Then I'll just go to the training room and practice, that way I'm not so useless.." I said, turning around and giving Allura a sharp look.

She gave me a sharp look in return, "Lets leave, he can do whatever he wants," Pidge and Keith following her out.

'Hah..ha.. whatever.. I want..?'