Chapter #3

'Whatever...I want..? '

They leave my room, making me feel even worse than before they came. I turned back around to face the wall, curling up in a ball. Tears began to fall from my eyes. Her words came back to me, echoing in my head. 'Useless, Useless.. Useless....' Those where the final words I heard before I fell asleep.

'You're Useless, Worthless...Pathetic.. You've never done anything for this team. You're always relying on US to help you. Why are you even apart of this team? Why are you still here? Why are you still BREATHING..'

I woke up, breathing heavily and sweating. "It was just a nightmare.. just a nightmare.." I close my eyes and try to fall back asleep, but I couldn't. I didn't bother checking what time it was, I got out of my bed, for the first time in 3 days, and headed to the training room. I didn't bring my bayard or my armor, just my pajamas.

"Start training level sequence 1," and the robot appeared. 'Just got to focus on dodging, so I can protect myself'  The robot ran at me, and I managed to dodge its first strike. We kept on doing the same thing for a while, not realizing that everyone was watching from the glass.

"Stop training sequence" 'Yes, managed to get up to level 93 on an empty stomach and only using my surroundings!' I felt happy for the first time in a LONG time, until I realized everyone watching me.

I faced the ground as I exited the training room, not wanting to look at my team. "Wow you did awesome Lance!" I didn't know you could do self defense!" Everyone congratulated me, but I didn't care. I knew they where only going to find my skills useful in missions, and nothing else. I wasn't paying attention to reality, when Allura placed her hand on my shoulder, making me jump. I was still on high alert from training, causing me to push Allura's hand off me with great force, getting into stance for a fight, when I suddenly realized what I had done.

"I-I'm sorry Princess, I was-" She gave me this sharp glare, making me face towards the ground and run into my room. 'I tried apologizing.. she just doesn't listen.. No one ever listens..'

I cried myself to sleep once again, but more than what I normally did. I honestly couldn't take it anymore. I wrote down a note and left it on the outside of my door.

The next morning came around, everyone woke up, except me. "PALADINS! GET TO YOUR LIONS NOW! THAT INCLUDES YOU LANCE!" Everyone rushed out of their rooms and ran to their lions. "Lance we are waiting for yo- It doesn't matter. Everyone just go!" They completed their mission with no problem at all.

"LANCE! WHERE WERE YO--"