i

Summary: Before joining the academy, Tenten dreams of tonfas, famiglia and biting people to death. In another world, she disregards and chalks it down as nothing more than hallucinations. In this one, she does otherwise. This surprisingly changes a lot of things. A Naruto and Katekyo Hitman Reborn crossover story. Non-chronological drabbles. AU.

Disclaimer: Naruto and Katekyo Hitman Reborn are not mine.

1.

When Tenten saw who her opponent was, she was eager.

From the start, aside from the one with the gourd who's so obviously dangerous even a blind man could see it, Tenten had her eyes on the blond kunoichi. After all, the way the Suna-nin held herself was telling - interesting; someone with plenty of confidence bordering on arrogance yet with barely whispered lethality to back it all up.

It didn't hurt that the girl was a giant folding war fan user. Tenten had always wanted to test her mettle with someone skilled in tessenjutsu.

Sabaku no Temari, although cowed by her carnivore of a brother, was worth fighting.

She's looking forward to it.

Shooting her opponent a sweet smile, Tenten jumped down to the stage - her body humming in barely concealed anticipation.

"Start!" The instructor announced.

Ignoring the way the kunoichi opened her mouth as if to speak, Tenten immediately went on the offensive. Throwing her scroll in the air, she jumped up, pumping her legs with chakra, to summon dozens of kunai and hurl them towards her adversary with unerring accuracy.

She's testing the waters, as one would say - checking if her opponent could wield the giant fan with the expertise it deserved.

When the Suna-nin managed to deflect the sharp weapons with a swipe of her heavy fan, Tenten calmly settled back on her feet and flexed her hands - skillfully manipulating chakra threads to retrieve her fallen weapons.

In an impressive display of dexterity and control, numerous kunai suddenly surrounded her target at all sides, pointing towards the center dangerously. With a twitch of Tenten's fingers, the sharp weapons swiftly moved towards her opponent - eager for the blood it would shed.

Her eyes flashed purple when the weapons she sent careening towards the opposing kunoichi got masterfully blocked with a huge swing.

"Wao." Tenten purred eagerly.

Retrieving the tonfas hidden on her long sleeves with a snap, she ran towards her unnerved opponent abruptly - baring her teeth in excitement.

"I'll bite you to death."