Chapter 1 : Mister Sullivan

Lucas was beyond clueless when he applied for a position in Montréal Inc. His former boss recommended the said position, all he was thinking that the company pays a hefty amount to its employees, an amount good enough for his monthly living expenses, and his mother's hospital bills.

Not to mention, his brother Levi is still in college. If not because of his student loan, then Levi wouldn't even step foot in a university. Indeed Lucas has his plate full from the time their father left them seventeen years ago.

Clueless or not, with at least five years of experience from two former employers, Lucas knows he got the skill and knowledge about the position. Although he never had a lady boss, there's always a first in everything. But all thoughts of reassurance had flushed down the drain when he entered the CEO's office.

Lucas was thankful above when he mustered to control his mouth from voicing out a few explicit.

Montréal Inc.

Montréal! How could he miss that obvious detail? Then again, she's not the only Montréal in this city. He felt so stupid for not thinking of the possibility. He's not a smiler, but he did his best to cover his hate? No hate is a strong word. Just indifference towards the woman.

For starters, they both went to the same high school. She was anything far from being nice, she used individuals for her needs in terms of projects, homework and maybe a few only-physical relationships. Then again, it was the stereotypical high school clichés, maybe true or farce. Lucas never knew her from a deeper level and he wasn't going to.

Who would've thought that ten years later, she's going to be his boss? Lucas then reminded himself, that he needed a job and money. If Lucas' former company didn't file for bankruptcy, he wouldn't even be this desperate.

"Mr. Sullivan, this is your iPad mini. Ms. Montréal's schedule calendar is already in there.." Dione discussed as she hands down the iPad to Lucas. Lucas listened intently, for one; the job is to have more need than the common assisting job. For crying out loud, this job required time than the normal eight hours. It required planning for her casual dates and night outs. "Oh please Ms. Lopez, just call me Lucas."

Dione gleamed at him and nodded. "Any more questions Lucas?" He wanted to ask more about the part where he needed to get up at least four in the morning but he decided against it. "Uh. About that, what about this whole date planning thing."

The woman snickered and wave a hand. "Her casual dates just consist of dinner in her favorite fancy restaurants. She'll just tell you where and when, so you'll just book a reservation under her name."

"Under her name? Not under her date's name?" Who does that? Lucas wanted to ask more. "Let's just say, she wanted to be in control. Don't worry Lucas, I will still be here for the remaining two weeks."

Lucas never understood why Dione will resign. She could be married and do the job at the same time. Maybe Montréal is a handful one, that her former assistant can't juggle up her personal life and her job.

He will be at his new job on Monday, he would not think about it until then. He hailed a taxi and sent a text to his mother that he is on his way to the hospital. Lucas waited for a reply but he received none, thinking that his mother must be asleep as he jumps out from the taxi and entered the hospital.

Lucas entered the oncology department of the hospital, had a few greetings from the nurses that he come acquainted with for almost half of the year. The assigned nurse in his mother's ward smiled at him as he steps closer to the nurse.

"Hello, Lucas." Greeted Tina, the mid- 30′s nurse. Lucas nodded and grinned at her. "Your mother was tired from her chemo, she'll be up by tomorrow. You know how it is."