Chapter Five ~ New Ideas

Smii7y

I finished the game cheering. I won the game, and I got up with a smug look on my face.

"And you said I can't play a game properly." I said to her. She crossed her arms and rolled her eyes.

"So what? You won a match after six tries." She said to me, trying not to laugh.

It was my time to roll my eyes at her. She smiled and dropped her arms. John looked down at his watch. He furrowed his eyebrows and looked back up.

"Its about ten-thirty. So in about an hour or two do you guys want lunch?" He looked at the both of us. 

"Sure. Wait, (Y/N)? Can I talk to John for a second?" I asked her, putting my hand on John's shoulder.

"Uh yeah. Go ahead. I'm just gonna play this game while you two talk." She slid into the seat and I walked a few yards from (Y/N), talking to John as she was out of earshot.

"So what did you want to talk to me about?" He asked me with worry on his face. 

"It's about, it's about (Y/N)." His face filled with more worry, but he stayed quiet. I continued. "It's nothing bad, just, how do I ask her out to lunch with me?"

John's face turned into a grin and he chuckled a little bit, speaking afterwards. "Oh you're such a hopeless romantic smitt. Ok, what you have to do,"

"Yeah..."

"is,"

Mhm."

"go ask her now."

"And how do I do that?"

"Bud, just go be chill about it." He patted me on the back, and slightly pushed me over towards her. 

I started my way over to her and started watching her play the game. "Wow, *cough* you *cough* suck *cough cough*. Sorry about that, what i was trying to say was that you suck."

she scoffed and turned her head towards me. "I thought you were gonna at least pretend to be nice."

"That's not how I roll, baby."

She laughed at my remark and focused on the game again.

"So I was wanting to ask you a question."

"Well, what is it?" she asked me paying less attention to the game, and more to what I had to say.

"Would you like to go to lunch with me? It would just be me, so you can say no if you want I was just-"

"Yes Smii7y. I would love too." She interrupted me. She looked at me while I asked her this and while she was answering.

I didn't realize that she died in the game, and that John walked away from us until I got a message from him.

I looked down at my phone, scrunching my face up. i saw it was from John on our groupchat. I was confused why he would text me, thinking of what it could be while opening the message.

Jaaahhhn: SMITT ASKED (Y/N) OUT TO LUNCH

Muni Ledd: aweee. after you have lunch with (Y/N), you should go with us to get cheesecake at the cheesecake factory.

I just chuckled and shook my head. I read it aloud to (Y/N) hearing her giggle at the texts.

"That doesn't sound like a bad idea." She said to me.

"Great! So what do you want to do in the meantime?" I asked her, holding out my hand. 

She grabbed my hand and she pulled out her phone to check for something. "I was gonna meet up with my friends to go watch a panel. But by the look of it, they already are going without me." She put her phone away and we started walking.