Swept Away #MidnightSunMovie

My heart goes beating, time's a-fleeting,
You are there, you are there,
Like the moon-kissed waves and the stars awake,
You are there, you are there,
My dreams are gleaming, you are beaming,
You are there, you are there.

These words just stumbled out on my guitar strings on the rock, where I used to sit every night strumming my guitar. I loved singing in the dark with only the moon and the stars for company.

"Ariel.. Ariel.. Where did that girl disappear to again?" I hear my father calling out for me.

"...Coming. Give me five minutes, father" But not before seeing someone waving out to me. Blinking my eyes to make sure, I saw the same boy waving again. Not knowing what to do, I waved back. To my surprise, the boy came swimming towards me. I panicked and was going to dive back when his words stopped me-

"Hey, Hey you! Please don't go. I wanted to talk to you since months. But just couldn't find the courage to do so. You have a beautiful voice and I love listening to your songs. Your command over the guitar is excellent, as your fingers just glide over the strings. Please don't leave..."

"I'm Sebastian, by the way", offering his hand. And you?

"Ariel. I'm Ariel and I'm a mermaid," shaking his hand.

His face registered shock but was swiftly replaced with a smile. A smile that was genuine. Real. The only problem? I had a hard time trusting that smile of his since we are conditioned to fear humans since birth.

"Tell me Ariel, does making you a mermaid leave you with no feelings? I knew you were a mermaid. Had seen you through my binoculars many times to have no doubts. But you telling me the truth on our first meeting, left me a bit shocked, to be honest. I admit that not many have that courage, Ariel. And I really admire you for your honesty."

I was left speechless... Had nothing to say. Taking my silence as encouragement, he continued "I know not what tomorrow has in store for us Ariel, but while we are here, can we please make the most of what is left of our time together? The dawn is but a few hours away and these are moments to be cherished."

And so began our nocturnal love story...

We sang, composed and talked, soaking every second together... The future is unseen, but the night- this time is ours.