H/M: Nightmarae

Entering the small office, I cleared my throat, rubbing my damp hands at my jeans to dry them.

I looked around, head slightly tilting from side to side to see everyone's attention at the clear image on the wall produced by the projector.

I crept my way over to the seat where I'm not too near nor too far from the office workers. I straightened my posture and acted like I didn't just come in without anyone noticing. Cause honestly, no one did.

I guess you can say that I'm late. But I'll blame Bernice for taking me to a club that I didn't even remember going and took me home high on heavy liquor.

I must say, waking up in my room with my head pounding was really challenging. Yesterday was the first time I drank alcohol. I never did drink before and now that I've experienced it, it'll take a decade for my friends to convince me to drink again, especially Bernice.

I thought of different ways I that can get back at Bernice. I think it'll be easy cause she's my roommate. I'm thinking I should just prank her and do worse things to her for taking me to that stinkin' club which was definitely out of my league.

Shaking my head, I averted my attention to the image on the wall. It looks like a small perfume bottle with a blue diamond cap.

I furrowed my eyebrows. Last time I checked, the company that I was working for does not include perfumes on its merchandise.

I looked around the large table, eyes adjusting to the dim light. I tried to figure out the faces of my co-workers, but I couldn't really recognize any. It's all blurry.

I blinked multiple times to try and regain my 20/20 vision. After a couple of seconds, I finally stopped and looked at my co-workers again, but something caught my eye in the far corner.

A dark silhouette was standing there, eyes bright green. I got curious as to who it was, but I just shrugged it off.

Honestly, it seems strange and creepy for someone to stand at that corner, especially cause the meeting and workers were on the other side.

"So our fashionistas are still trying to figure out the layout and design of this perfume bottle. We're not rushing things, but if you have any ideas that fit to our theme for this month, we'll gladly accept it." A deep manly voice which sounded like our team leader said.

Even though the only source of light was coming from the projector, I could still see my co-worker's head moving, indicating they were nodding. I nodded as well and shifted at my seat.

Raising my wrist upward, I looked at the time. I've seen that it was still 1:38 in the afternoon with my glow in the dark watch.

So the meeting has been going on for 38 minutes, huh? I thought.

As what is said at the brochure that I received from my mailbox, it told me to come at 1:00 in the afternoon, but because of the headache I received earlier, it took me a while to get dressed.

I honestly am already frustrated. Even though I arrived here for like 5 minutes ago, it seems longer. I'm really impatient. I don't like waiting, but it seems like I'm going to have to wait cause this is part of my job... I guess.

"When it comes to designing, you can put whatever additives, designs, texts and it could be in any style you want." The voice continued on.

I sighed heavily. How much longer do I have to stay in this freaking room?! I mean, can't they just set it straight so we can leave cause it's messing up my weekend.

"So the name of our product is Nightmarae. Say it with me, Nightmarae..." the speaker urged the workers, including me, to say the name of the product.