2. New Orleans

Mal's P.O.V
I was stuck in a car for about 9 hours and I wanted to shoot myself or take my heel and stab myself repeatly till I bleed out in the seat. I kept my headphones in the entire time listening to 70s-2000s music. I felt the car stop and saw we were parked in front of a building in the French quarter. "Were here."

I grab my stuff and get out of the car and headed into the building with Klaus and Hayley to see a man in a light grey suit and a woman with short blonde hair. "Brother, sister this is Amber my other daughter. Amber this is your aunt Freya and uncle Elijah." I remeber Elijah from the stories my mom would tell.

"It's nice to meet you both and I actually go by Mal. Amber just reminds me of my mother."

"I prefer Amber. It's lovely to see you again. I havent seen you since you were 2 months old. You grew up." My uncle was in a little state of shock when he said grew up since I look like my mother in the face but I have purple hair to go with it.

"I'm your aunt Freya. It is nice to meet you Mal."

"Well I should probably get her up to her bedroom and get her settled in. Then we can have a family dinner." Dad took my things and led me up the stairs to a room that was red and white and had a very 70s rustic feel to it.

" Dad took my things and led me up the stairs to a room that was red and white and had a very 70s rustic feel to it

"If you don't like it we can fix it. Your uncle said that you were a 70s girl and Hayley suggested re creating some girls room from that bloody musical movie with the sound track of Abba."

"You mean Sophie's room from Mamma Mia?" I put my bags on my bed.

"Yes that god awful movie."

"Hey! Don't hate on Meryl Streep." I started to take photos out of my bag and put them around the room. One of them was one of my grandfather in his soldier uniform. I put that one next to my bed along with a photo of me and my mother.

"I take it you and your mother were close." I nodded my head.

"She was my best friend and sometimes my only friend."

"I promise you will never be alone here Mal." I nodded. "I'll leave you to finish unpacking. Once your done come downstairs your uncle wants us to have a formal family dinner. He got you a dress it is in your closet." With that my dad walked out. I walked over to my closet and saw a dress that really wasn't me hanging in the closet. It was hideous to say the least.

I finished putting everything away and threw on the dress

I finished putting everything away and threw on the dress. I walked downstairs to see everyone sitting at a table. "Amber nice of you to join us please sit." I sat down next to Hayley and just stared at my plate. "Amber." I looked up to see everyone looking at me.

"Yeah sorry, what's up?" Klaus smirked knowing I completely zoned out for god knows how long.

"Freya was just asking what you do in your free time when your not doing when your 'working'." Lets see what comes out of my mouth.

"I read, sing, annoy the hell out Tony and Bruce, I practically live in the gym, and I paint and draw." They all seem to smile when I mention my passion for art.

"Just like your father with art and your mother with the music." I start to get clouded thoughts when my uncle brought up my mom.

"I'm sorry I need to go." I stood up from the table and stalked off to god knows where. I ended up to an outside cafe by myself. I nursed a cup of coffee while I looked around at the quarter.

"What's a lady like you doing out here by yourself?" I looked up to see a man with strawberry blonde hair in a suit looked at me and smiled. He somehow reminded me of Elijah.

"Appaerently playing hide and seek with her problems." He let out a light laugh.

"I'm Tristan De Martel." He kissed the top of my hand.

"I'm Amber Barnes but I go by Mal." I told him.

"Barnes? Are you by any chance related to the famous howling commando James Barnes?"

"Yes he's actually my grandfather." Tristan sat down across from me.

"Your family has done a lot for this country so thank you." I blushed at his comment.

"It was nothing really." We ended up talking for about an hour before I looked at the time. "I have to go. I promise I will see you soon. I had fun today." I ran off waving by to the French man as I headed back to the compound. I'm so screwed.

 I'm so screwed