5. Lost And Found

A few days after thanksgiving

Mal's P.O.V
I woke up a few days after that awful thanksgiving with extreme pains in my body and head. That had to have been the worst transformation I had ever been through beating the one where I accidentally hurt my mom. To say my family was in shock with what I am is was an understatement. When I woke up that day I had so many questions thrown at me that I nearly turned again.

I was currently packing a suitcase to go on a jet with Steve to head to my great aunt Peggy's funeral. When I got the phone call from Sharon I felt my heart shatter knowing that one of the final people from my young life besides my great aunt Rebecca has passed away. I loved my auntie more than anything and it was always so fun to go with her to the SSR and learn about things I shouldn't have been learning about at age 6.

"Are you sure you don't want me to go with you?" My dad asked once again as I came down with my suitcase.

"No it's fine. You really didn't know auntie Peggy and I will have uncle Steve with me." He sighed and took my bag.

"She loved you Mal." Tears dipped my emerald eyes as I hugged my dad.

"Why did she have to go dad?" My tears soaked his maroon shirt.

"Sweetheart sometimes life is cruel to the people who treat it well." I kept crying till I saw my uncle Steve walk in with Sam.

"Oh Mal..." I go straight into his arms and hug him tightly.

"They asked me to speak at the funeral." I told him.

"If you don't feel comfortable I'll step in I promise." He kisses my forehead as Hayley walked in with Hope.

"If you need anything call us luv." I nod to my dad and wave goodbye to Hayley and Hope as I head out with my uncle and Sam. It took us about 4 hours to get to London by Tony's jet and I spent most of that time staring out the window at nothing. When we reached the church uncle Steve went with the other men who were bringing in her casket while me and Sam went inside and sat down.

As aunt Peggy's casket was led in I felt more tears leave my eyes as Sam pulled me into a side hug. Once her casket was placed down the Pastor walked up to the podium. "Hello everyone. We are here to celebrate the life of Agent Margaret 'Peggy' Carter." I tuned out during the ceremony due to how upset I was getting. "I would now like to invite Ms.Carter's niece Amber to come up and say a few words."

I stood up from my seat next to Sam and walked up with my hands shaking. "Deep breaths, deep breaths." I whisper to myself as I reached the podium. "Hi everyone. I'm Amber Barnes and I'm Peggy's great niece. As a young girl I wanted to do exactly what my great auntie did and that was fight bad guys and help people because she did it so well."

"My great aunt was one of the most badass women you would have ever come across. She wasn't afraid of anyone or anything that came her way especially when her family was involved and that's what I truly admired about her growing up and to this day. She was kind, caring, and always told me and my cousin Sharon that it doesn't matter what happens to us in our lives that she would always love us."