Chapter #

"Ben! I just heard what happened, why on Earth were you dangling from a balcony?!" Sheila, Ben's oldest and closest friend had run from the party to the infirmary when she heard.

He looked up at her, her beautiful face was distorted in worry.

"A young lady dropped her handkerchief, I was only being a gentleman Sheila."

She hit his shoulder, "You're so stupid, you could've gotten yourself killed by impressing those girls. They aren't worth your life."

Ben shrugged, "I didn't die though." His thoughts flashed to the mysterious girl, she confused him entirely.

"You could've."

Ben stood from the medical cot, "Stop worrying Sheila."

Crowned Prince James walked into the room then, "Oh I'm glad you're ok, can you imagine if you had died?" He hugged his friend and laughed.

"It was more exciting than scary." Ben grinned, from the side he saw Sheila roll her eyes.

"James please tell him what he did was stupid."

James became completely serious, "She's right Ben...but uh..." He smirked knowingly at Ben, "It was worth it."

Sheila groaned out loud, "When you two princes stop being ridiculous with your ideas please let me know." She stormed out.

Ben and James laughed but when Ben groaned and grabbed his side James frowned, "Are you hurt?"
"Only a little, the stone I was pulled over gave quite a few considerate bruises." He sighed and sat back on the cot.

"Who pulled you up? I heard it was a castle servant."

Ben frowned, "No, she was one of the ball ensemble." He remembered how violently the girl had acted when he called her a servant.

James raised an eyebrow, "Well, in that case, I may give a formal praising."

Ben nodded, "I doubt she will take it, she barely took my thanks."

"She was probably just shocked, ladies who save crowned princes usually do that, don't worry, tomorrow at the brunch I'm sure she will be very accepting."

***

"Sam you should've stayed for the whole night! I danced with so many young men!" Cassaundra squealed as she brushed her hair in preparation for bed, she neatly took her ribbons out of her hair and laid them in a case.

"I'm glad you had fun." Sam said this just above a whisper.

"Are you alright?" Cass turned around to look at her cousin.

Sam nodded without looking up from the pages of the book in her hands, she wasn't even reading, her mind was too distracted.

"Well, I did indeed have fun, but promise me next time you will stay, or at least dance with a few more men!" Cassaundra stood and got in her bed.

"I can't promise that, but for your sake, I will dance with one man before I leave." She smiled mischievously and Cass rolled her eyes, "That would be a story, OH! But did you hear about the crowned Prince of Kentix?! The railing he was leaning on gave way he almost fell to his death!"

She laid back on her pillow and looked at Sam curious to know if her cousin knew anything about the incident.

Sam nodded, "Yes, the story was circulating."

"It's unbelievable isn't it!I mean can you believe what would've happened if he hadn't been rescued?! I heard a lady saved him!" She giggled.

"It's a good story. Goodnight Cass." Sam cut the conversation off there if she could help she would erase the whole experience from all of history.

If it had been any other man she would've owned up to it, but....it was Ben.

She couldn't face the words he had said to her, nor the way he looked at her.

Once upon a time words such as beautiful and breathtaking had been aimed at her from him, but those words no longer seemed to be hers.

Why was he doing this to her, pretending he didn't know her, she knew he must be trying to hurt her more, but how could he? Her anger and hatred of him doubled over and she fell asleep feeling the pain of her heart and the anger that came along with it.