Deadzone; Chapter 2: Sacking of Rome

"Joeseph, wake up, now!" was the sound that came from the hallway outside of young Joeseph Stratenburgh's room. Joeseph woke up and got out of bed, only to be greeted by his fathers worried look in his doorway. "Let's go, come here!" he yelled. The yell was vextremely quiet compared to the loud banging noises and screams coming from outside. Joeseph's father picked up Joeseph and ran outside of his room into the hallway. Joeseph looked out of the hallway window. He saw the flames of their neighbors house billowing into the sky. Joeseph could see that almost every house was like this. He turned away from the window, distraught, when he saw that their house, too, was in flames. The flames rose on the hallway's walls, trapping him and his father.        

His father looked around for an escape. Suddenly, his father smashed open the window with his hands and climbed out. "Okay, now you, Joeseph, exactly how I did!" So, Joeseph climbed out the window. He was scraped by glass on his arm, but didn't think much of it. He looked up into the night air as they were sprinting away from their house. There were giant warships in the air, that was the usual bit of it. However, these warships did not look like the ones that the Grand Old Republic used. Infact, this looked completely alien. 

        The warships were firing green lasers onto almost everything. The Federation Tower, which gleamed orange in the distance, was almost scraping the height of the warships. They continued to run away. Soldiers and civilians alike were running in chaos, and a young soldier tripped and fell onto the ground. Joeseph's father stopped to help him up when a warship closed in on them. "Go! Save your kid! Take this!" the soldier yelled, tossing Joeseph's father his weapon. Joeseph and Joeseph's father ran away from the scene. Joeseph took one last look at the soldier before the brightest light he ever saw flashed in front of his eyes. The soldier, houses, and grass surrounding them was completely gone. Joeseph looked up into the night sky again to find white parachutes opening from the sky.

        Joeseph's father shot into the sky, aiming for the dropping soldiers. From the ground, it finally seemed like a defensive measure was being taken. Machine gun fire was tearing apart the parachutes and shooting the dropping invaders. Joeseph's father ran out of ammo on his gun. He had not been given another clip. A parachuting invader dropped down in front of them. The invader had a humanoid figure, red eyes, or at least what Joeseph thought to be eyes, a metal helmet, and a weapon in his hand. Joeseph's father and the invader locked eyes before the invader rose his weapon and aimed.

        The invader hesitated to fire. He lowered his weapon, but picked it back up again and aimed for Joeseph's head. Joeseph's father instantly leaped at the metal humanoid invader and grabbed for the gun. The invader was much stronger than Joeseph's father, but the will to keep his son alive was very strong. "Run, Joeseph, run!" his father yelled to Joeseph. Joeseph did not want to abandon his father, but he did as he was commanded. He got about 50 feet when he heard a laser go off. Joeseph stopped, turned around, and saw that his father was laying limp on the ground.

        The invader looked at Joeseph in the eyes. Joeseph was frozen with fright. The invader closed in on Joeseph, and cocked his weapon. The invader put the gun to Joeseph's head and uttered a phrase unfarmilliar with Joeseph. "The Sacking of Rome is complete." Then, everything went dark.

Deadzoneजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें