여덟 [Yeodeolb]

I wish you to know that you have been the last dream of my soul.

Charles Dickens

--
Reviews
--
こんにちは

°°

It was already late 7 when Nandini stepped out of her office "The Malhotra's". Unlike everyday today she was all alone waiting for her cab which she is already booked before exiting the office.

Chilly winds and cold temperature of December night in Delhi forced her to hug herself to generate some heat.

Her eyes were focused on the road trying to read the number plate of every car passing through that road.
The roads were lit up by the street light with no living creature around.
It was all deserted with occasionally passing of the cars and bikes.

She let out a sigh in the cold air. It was written all over her face that she was tired and exhausted and first thing she wanted to do as soon as she reaches home was to roll herself in the blanket and never come out until the next day.

"Where is this stupid cab?"... She murmured to herself while checking her phone.
Just then a black duster passes by her but soon it stopped few meters away and car drew back to her.

Nandini's breath hitched as she notices that car carefully. She wasn't ready for such uncalled trouble .
Nandini adjusted her bag to her shoulder .

But when the window rolled down and a voice address her with some silly name.

"Yah..Miss perfect?"...

Nandini didn't need further identification she could tell who the person was just by hearing that name.

"What do you want pervert?".... Nandini rolled her eyes at him.

"Want ride?"....Manik pointed at his car while he spoke.

Nandini thought for while and soon without saying anything she walked towards the car getting inside the back seat of the car since front seat was already occupied by the baby boy.

She mentally smiled by looking at baby who was tucked securely at the front seat with seatbelt tied to him which seem too big on him.

Cute

Manik started to drive towards their home. It was silence in the car an awkward silence. Ever since that party incident Nandini felt weird  around him and that make her too conscious.

But Soon Manik choose to break the silence
"You know it can be dangerous at this hour especially at deserted areas" Manik had concerned in his voice as he spoke.

Nandini looked at him through mirror and found his eyes already looking at her. She wanted to reply him like its none of your business or why do you care but she just stared at him.

Gaining no response from her Manik too shut his mouth focusing on his driving.

The rest of the ride was silent no one spoke just the baby's sound was heard.

The two adult kept glancing at each other through mirror occasionally eye contact and that uncomfortableness around each other would return soon.