Chapter 13

You start to awake, looking around the room, a hospital room? You try to sit up, cringing at the pain, you look at your arm and chest, stitches covering your arm and part of your chest, you hear a door open, you look towards it, Mark walks in. He looks at you, apologetically, behind him, Chica bounds in, she sees you in your bed, leaping on top and crushing your legs. Mark sits in the chair next to the bed, "what happened?" You ask him, seeming to have a bit of memory loss, "an intruder, he attacked you" he says, grabbing your hand and circling his finger around it.

You look at him blankly, "an intruder?" You question, at this, the door swings open again, "Y/N?" A doctor questions, you nod at him as he walks to the end of your bed, "you may go home, but, you have to clean and monitor your wounds for 28 days, after that you may get the stitches out" he says, looking at a screen and writing things down, you look at Mark and smile.

You start to stand up, "and don't forget to rest" the doctor nods at them, still writing stuff down, you, Mark and Chica all leave the room, "well, this was an eventful night" Mark says, as you walk into the waiting room, "it really was" you say, looking around, you notice a blue haired teen, watching you, you brain seems to have kicked right back into gear, remembering what happened, how Chica but his arm, how he was going to stab her, you look at his arm, and notice the canine bite marks, you take in a sharp breath.

"What is it?" He asks you, looking curiously at you, "nothing, let's go" you say, walking towards the exit, Mark now following you, Chica beside you.

***
Sitting in the passenger seat, Chica in the back and Mark driving to the police station, you prepare to tell them what's been going on. You haven't told Mark that you suspect that it was the young boy that was in the emergency room, Maek said his name was Ethan, saying that they had a good talk, "something happened with Chica when Ethan went to pet her" he says, his deep voice bringing darkness within those words, you look towards him, "really?" You ask, now looking st Chica who is just sitting and wagging her tail.

"She growled, not just playfully, she actually growled" he says, looking back at her slightly, you appreciate Chica for a minute, but now should you tell Mark that you think he's a suspect? You dismiss the thought, looking back to the road, "that is very unusual" you say, trying not to give a hint of guilt in your voice, "he gave an excuse of 'it may be my dog' but I don't think Chica would growls just because of another dogs scent" he says, pulling into a car park.

"Oh, hello Mark!" You hear a boys voice, you look towards the sound and tense, Ethan. "Ethan, why are you here?" Mark asks, laughing a little, "oh, my friend works for the police, I've come for a visit" he says, walking towards the door more.