1. Home Sweet Home

Where is home?

I was lost, no longer in the familiarity of my home, or even my planet. As I picked myself up from the ground, the memories seemed to hit me like a bus, causing my brain to throb and eyes to ache.

I remember it all. The demiurge, he was corrupted. The all powerful being that watched over my planet. What corrupted it, I still don't know, but his collapse caused a tear in the fabric of time, creating a devastating black hole. It was beginning to hurt trying to remember it all. But I continued to put the memories back in place like puzzle pieces.

That's right... my mothers. The only women I looked up to. They sacrificed themselves, their lives and bodies to save the planet. I can still see it, their two pods racing into the darkness of space, being sucked into the hole and that bright flash of explosions which collapsed the back hole shut...

"Ah!" I strained, grabbing my face with my hand, trying to regain my balance. I brought myself to my feet, feeling a sharp pain in my left ankle as I attempted to move forward. I limped but caught myself from falling. As I straightened myself, looking ahead at a bright city lighting this cold night, I moved onwards, still letting the memories come to me.

Everyone was devastated at the loss of my mothers. They were heroes. Everyone knew them, everyone adored them. What did they ever do to deserve such a fate? That question will probably forever ponder my thoughts. But I have to focus on remembering.

I knew I could never live up to be like them, despite having powers myself. I knew this, and so did everyone else. So instead of staying in a place where i'd live to be nothing but a disappointment, I decided to leave. I used all my strength and punched a hole through space. Hesitant to jump through this universal tear, I brushed away all my woes and stepped through. Once my foot was through, it snatched me in, quickly tugging me through a swirling vortex of tunneling clouds, colorful lightning flashing all around. I screamed as I fell through, my leg getting caught in the wall of the cloud, my velocity so fast that it snapped my ankle. While both making an attempt to not break my neck and figure out where I was going, before I knew it, I was shot out. I looked around, seeing a night sky, then down to see lush grass more than thirty feet beneath me. My eyes widened as I realized I was falling. I stiffened my body and prepared for impact.

And just like that, I hit the ground. I lifted my head, coughing as small particles of flying dirt surrounded me. I shook my head from the dizziness and crawled from the crater my impact created, digging my nails into the soft ground and pulling myself forward. Once finally making it to my feet, I managed to limp all the way to what looked like a city.