3

I get to the party early. As I stand in the kitchen awkwardly, I see Liz notice me and begin walking my way. I turn to the hallway next to me and immediately dart that way to avoid her. I then lose myself in the crowd of people and wait for Peter and Ned to arrive.

I watch as Flash DJ's and all the teens dance along in crowds. While I sip back on a bottle of water, I feel a tap on my shoulder. I turn around to see a bright wide smile.

"Hii!" Liz greets me.

"Heyy." I mock her gleefulness.

"What's up?"

"Uh." I look around then back to her. "Nothing much."

"Hey so, I have a question."

"Mhm." I reply, swaying and bobbing my head a bit to the music.

"Are you avoiding me?"

I stop moving and furrow my brow to her. "Huh?"

"Cause I mean any time I try to talk to you, you always either cut me short or just walk away."

"Oh, jeez...." I chuckle nervously. "Well, it's not like, I hate you or anything..."

"You sure?"

"Yeah it's just..." I pause and look around. "I dunno it's stupid never mind."

"No tell me!"

"It's so stupid and embarrassing."

"C'mon. You can trust me Lily."

I roll my eyes and smile. "Well, I just... AGH! Okay... here it is." I sigh. "I like Peter a lot but he likes you..."

"Oh that? I know."

I jerk my head back in confusion. "H-how...?"

"Jesus, you make it so obvious. Both of you. I mean since freshman year you've been following him around like a puppy, and I've seen the way you look at him. Seriously! And he's not good at keeping secrets." She begins laughing as she sees how embarrassed I am. "You look at him like you owe him your life or something. It's so cute."

I smack my lips as my grin grows wider.

"Also you look so cute. What kind of gel do you use to flatten your hair? Cause I mean you usually have this rad Afro but it's all lowkey now but super cute. Your curls are like, perfect." She asks.

"Oh I don't use gel, I just use this conditioner that doesn't need to be used in the shower after I wash it and it just... does this."

"Hm. Well it's super cute. I think Peter'll like it."

I raise my brow and smile then uncontrollably begin to giggle.

Minutes later as I stand leaning against the wall eating from a bowl of chips, Peter and Ned finally come in through the front door. I listen to them making a small plan about Spider-Man's appearance for a short minute then I approach.

"Yo!"

Peter looks to me and immediately smiles. "Hey! You look really... really good."

"You think?" I say, looking down to my pure white dress and sk8 high vans. "Love the hat by the way, Ned." I flick the rim.

"It gives me confidence."

I giggle and turn back to Peter who surprisingly is looking me straight in the eye with a really soft gaze. But his attention is suddenly diverted as Liz walks up.

"Oh my gosh! Hey guys! Cool hat Ned. Ah man, Lily and I were just talking about you."

I blush and immediately look to the ground.