11. One Night Stand (Jacquees Imagine)

[You've witnessed your long-term boyfriend with another woman; Although the relationship was broken off, your heart yurns for a rebound, but it's a one night stand in particular that's well needed for the situation. // Lena.]

Hers..

It's been about two weeks since we've broken up. I thought I'd be on the verge of being over it but I'm not even close. We were going together for two years and a couple months; I should've suspected something when he started acting shady. Nowadays, it's less sulking around the house but more of a void in my gut. It's the fact of facing that I'm single again throwing me off. I'm out of wack.

When it got to Friday, two of my friends came to chill for the night. I was still somewhat sulking, which was not okay with them. Usually, I would be out on a Friday but instead, I embraced my couch and comfort food in my sweats. "You need to get over Lonnie. Like seriously."

"I am. I'm just bored with myself." I muffled with a mouth full of chips. "No, bitch. You're letting his ass get the best of you. Go do something fun since you're so 'bored.' It's Friday and it's almost nine. Let's go to the club!"

"I dunno.. I'm cool here."

"Okay buuut, there's three of us here. You just expect us to chill on this couch all night? You thought!" My friend popped out of her seat, walked to me and snatched my bag of chips away. "Nigga! I'm eating those!"

"You're going upstairs to take a shower while we pick out your clothes! Chop chop!" As much as I groaned and fussed, my choice was invalid. Within a 45-minute period, I was showered, dressed and made up like a doll. By the time I got down stairs, my friends happened to change their own outfits. "Y'all brought other clothes?" I asked. "Of course. We planned to get you out the house tonight. Now let's go, I'm trying to go through the drive-thru before we get there." I shook my head and quickly gathered small necessities while my friends went outside. I hate to admit it but I love their effort.

After hitting the drive thru and eating in the parking lot, the clock struck 10:30 by the time we got to the club. It's been so long since I've been in this environment. Lonnie wasn't into the club scene like I was so I went less often. Now that he's out the picture, who's to stop me? After the ID check, we got inside, already having a good time. People were drunk or simply having not a care in the world. Walking into the crowd with my friends, we were instantly caught into the dance mix. It was only a matter of time that some guys would notice and dance with us. By 11, the girls and I hit the bar. Even though it was my night, I chose to be our driver for the evening. I took the lightest alcohol they had while my friends took shots of something hard, then it was back to the dance floor. Like I said, it was only a matter of time that some guys would notice and dance with us. Finally, it happened. Three men came moving our way. All black, all with dreads, all good looking. One was tall, lightskin with light, gorgeous eyes and wore gold teeth that took over two teeth. Another was brown skinned but not as tall; his dreads were blonde for the most part but it suited him, I guess. The third guy kinda stood out to me. First off, he's short. Like, probably-5'4 short. He had gold teeth too, with a million dollar smile to go with it. He was the who eyed me the most while his friends made moves on my friends. Eventually, the both of us were body to body. I was grinding against him then he began talking to me over the music, "What's ya name?" he asked loudly. "Lena."

"Jacquees.. but just call me Que.." That's how our conversation ended until it was time to head out. By 2AM, the girls and I decided to go home. The thing was, they refused to let go of Que's friends. Refused. They were all drunk so who am I to say no? "Are you the driver too?" Que asked as we all walked out together. "Yup. I was really hoping to drink tonight.."

"We can, I mean, you can. I have L in my car. We can all just go back to my crib, if you want." How can I resist? "I'll follow you in my car." We still couldn't split our friends so we just took a pair into each car and went on our way. I'm almost positive that they made out in our back seats but I don't care. They can have their moment because I'm about to have mine. At a red light, I checked my phone and noticed several missed calls. Lonnie, Lonnie, Lonnie, Lonnie. He even left a voicemail at one point, "babe, I'm sorryyyyyy. How many times I gotta say it, boo? I told you she just a friend.. I miss you. I stopped by the house and you were gone. Please pick up.. I'm tryna fix this, man. Just.. Call me back, okay? Aight. Love you." Pathetic.