04| Gone With The Wind

{Hate and Heartbreak feel so good and bad at once that we often linger longer in their embrace.}

-Atticus

She scribbled on the edges of her book

She sat calmly, serenely. Detached from everything and everyone.

No one noticed her and she noticed no one.

And yet inside; inside everything was still a roiling mess.

A deserted wonderland of destructively coiled, black slithers of pain and suffering. All caged in an icy glass confinement she called unwanted emotions.

And happiness, joy and love? That she'd caged under the pseudonym of non-existent emotions.

She enjoyed it.

The darkness within her; because she deserved it. Everything she'd got and more.

She had reveled in her heartbreak; knowing that she'd deserved it.

After all, she was the one who'd tempted fate.

This was just fate paying her back.

And by the looks of it, it wasn't done drowning her yet.

The past three torturous years were in fact those few seconds above water. Fate had once more pushed her head under, and it would hold her down until the last bubble of life left her lips and she drowned in all her faults.

Jason sat at the front because he couldn't be bothered to wheel himself all the way to the back of the class.

He could; if he wanted to.

Intimidating looking stairs wouldn't stop him.

"Well, since this is an elective for most of you non-psychology majors, you probably won't be taking this class seriously. Therefore, if all of you want good grades you're going to have to do exactly what I want you to."

A suave looking boy smirked and cockily raised his hand.

"Academically," the professor glared.

The girl rolled her eyes, boys would do anything to humiliate someone.

"Therefore, I will be assigning a project to all of you which will be twenty percent of your grade. I have already assigned you to your partners. They have been posted on to the portal under section 3,"

Danielle pulled out her phone and logged on to the system.

"That's all for today, please take your project sheets before you leave. They will outline the rules of your project."

As the students shuffled out of the class, Danielle stared at her phone in astonishment.

Surely fate couldn't be that evil.