05| Love the Way you Lie

{We drink the poison our mind left for us and wonder why we feel so sick}

Atticus

Somewhere in the darkness of the night a woman woke up, her rasping screams the only sound in her midnight coloured room; the silent moon her only companion

The nightmare she'd just had clawed into her, it's nails clutching onto her reality and pulling her back into its destructive darkness.

She clutched her numbed womb as she saw the blood pour out of her, slipping through her core and whipping past her feet until it grew into a puddle the size of a pond.

But no; it didn't stop there.

It kept growing and growing until she was within it and she could see nothing but it.

And then she started to drown.

She went down, down, down.

Down, into the deep, deep pool of copper-smelling blood.

Pushing forward she tried to break to the surface.

Her breath was gone, but the end was so close.

She could feel it, a light at the end of the tunnel.

And he was there.

Her baby was there waiting for her.

And suddenly everything was gone.

The blood bath was replaced by the darkness; suffocation replaced by the cool midnight air that filtered into her room.

But she wasn't calm.

Her nose was burning.

Her eyes were on fire.

Hot tears burned fiery paths down her perfect, porcelain face.

She forced herself to calm down, counting back from ten and pushing everything to the back of her head.

She was okay.

She would be okay.

She almost let out a raspy laugh.

The lies her brain fed her heart would not help her.

She was broken, and she was going to break everyone who had played a role in it.

********

Wonder who this is?