And it's so ironic how it's only been a year

Jeongguk never expected to have any sort of graduation party or any sort of commemoration over the end of the curse at all.

It's was a curse that lasted only one year, it was simply a post-graduation curse - not even that if you look at technicalities because this curse could be of use for those already graduated in design or art but also for those who wanted to graduate on those.

So really the boy was expecting a weak congrats from the secretary lady once she handed his diploma from the curse – as it had happened once he graduated from his actual graduation curse. He had mentally organized a celebration for himself, which basically consisted of asking Taehyung to pop some confetti for him once he got his diploma and him doing the same for his boyfriend.

It was a shock to hear the student council - Jeongguk didn't even know there was such a thing at this college - tell his class that they were planning a celebration that would consist of a grade collation and a small party.

Jeongguk was quick to deny himself from such a thing because those celebrations are always expensive as fuck. There is a reason why his only form of celebration from his previous graduation was Jimin excitingly jumping around him as he congratulated them both of finishing that hell.

He couldn't afford paying for the celebration nor could Jimin, so they just skipped such a thing and then Jimin saw the pictures from their classmates who attended the party on Facebook and showed them to the younger. Not that Jeongguk even gave a shit about that but Jimin insisted on it.

So when Taehyung told him that it was okay if he wanted to skip the party but that they needed to go to the collation because even if it was deadly boring Taehyung just wanted to wear the gown and that little stupid hat again, because that alone made him feel like he had actually finished the curse and achieved something, Jeongguk just frowned at him and reasoned that he possibly couldn't afford such a thing.

To his surprise Taehyung told him that they just needed to pay for the tickets, as if it was a normal college party. Sure the tickets were always expensive, but that didn't even came close to how much it usually is to pay for a graduation ceremony and celebration.

When he voiced his doubts and concerns about that he was utterly surprised to hear that as they paid a lot for the curse itself and as this celebration was going to be a joined thing with the music and dance majors - because apparently the design students refused to do with anyone else - the price would be split greatly and that would cause it to not be so damn expensive.

Maybe it was the thrill of not having to sell a kidney to be able to pay for it, or maybe it was because Jeongguk never really felt like he had graduated due to never celebrating it, but the boy was quick to accept the whole deal of it. He wanted a full experience this time and he really, really wanted that stupid fucking hat as well.

So that's why he was sitting in that uncomfortable chair in this big saloon, wearing a black graduation gown and the black cap he always wanted to have.

After putting it on he had regretted it and claimed he looked stupid, but Taehyung had told him over and over that he was adorable in it and perhaps after the seventeenth time the older told him that, he began to believe in it.

The place was crowded and as the seats were arranged according to their last names, Taehyung was unfortunately not by his side. He was sitting next to two other Jeon and his whole line of seats were filled with those whose last name started with a J.

His boyfriend was in the line behind him but far more to the right, so he couldn't even glance back to be able to see or talk to him. It was a shame, really, because there were so many tedious speeches from both the professors and the students and Jeongguk was close to dozing off any moment now.