13 • Going A Little Insane✔️

Music: Garia - FadeX

Tails' Workshop

Sonic raced into his proclaimed brother's workshop and skidded to a halt near the medical equipment. Shadow glanced at the pink hedgehog as she slowly woke up, noticing the new bruising on her arms. The blue blur looked worried for Amy, dabbing something on her wounds.

Rouge flew in with Knuckles and Tails ran in after with Mitzy and Raiden right behind him. The ebony male frowned – wasn't Jayde with them?

"Sonic, I'm fine." Amy mumbled, grabbing the cloth to tend to her wounds.

"Oh, man, Ames. I'm so sorry. I should've gotten there sooner." Sonic sighed, dragging a hand through his quills. Amy tried to calm the blue hedgehog and his apologies; Tails glanced at Shadow whose crimson orbs pierced the area. He stared at everyone before landing on the twin tailed fox, leaving the youngster to swallow.

Shadow voice broke the silence, "Where's Jayde?" Everyone visibly tensed and glanced to each other. No one knew what to say, and no one wanted to. Jayde was Shadow's mate and to be the one who told him could be a death sentence. They knew he wouldn't take it well. Shadow growled at the silence and repeated, "Where's Jayde!"

Cleobella ran into the room at the outburst, glancing at everyone. Rouge sighed, clasping her hands together nervously before looking at her GUN partner, "Jayde's been captured by Eggman."

"What!" he snapped, causing everyone to flinch.

"It wasn't just him either." Tails sighed, about to continue until the blue blur stopped him.

"Don't tell him that!"

"Sorry, Sonic – he needs to know." The young fox said, before looking back at the angry hedgehog, "Scourge, Jaylee and Torrent are working with Eggman, as well as Miles and Rosy."

"And you let her get kidnapped? Do you remember what happened last time she was around Torrent!?" he hissed, slamming his fist against the glass. A small crack made everyone tense, but he didn't try to break it further.

"We know, and we are going to do whatever it takes to get her out of there." Rouge nodded, smiling sadly.

"How did she get captured?" Shadow asked, slumping in his posture even though his fists were still clenched angrily.

Sonic glanced at the rose hedgehog who had fallen asleep, "By doing what she does best. She saved Ames, got caught herself." Emerald orbs closed and turned away, fists clenched, "And I was too slow to catch them before Egghead ran away." He growled slightly, his fur darkening.

Tails knew that Sonic's dark form was close to unleashing, but he also knew that his proclaimed brother had been able to take control of it unless is was a dire situation, "We will get her back. And I'll get started on it straight away."

Dr Eggman's Lair

Jayde growled, banging her hand against the glass of the cell she was in, "Egghead! Let me out of here!" the grey hedgehog paused in her movements before speaking to herself, "What's the point of that – it's not like he's going to let me out." She threw her hands in the air, "Great, now I'm talking to myself." Jayde sighed to herself and leant against the wall before sliding down and laying on the floor, staring up at the pure white ceiling above her.

How was Torrent here? He was locked in No Zone jail for the rest of his days. The Moebians must have helped him out – Jayde knew that Scourge has escaped from there before, more than once, so he would know all the ways out. Luckily, he didn't have his Phantom Cube this time. If he did, it would've been more powerful by now.

Jayde hoped that Amy was okay – she did push her quite hard and after, Rosy smacked her with her hammer. The hedgehog sighed again – how was Shadow going to react? He was trapped in a tank, full of water, with no means of escaping if he wanted to heal. She hoped he didn't blame anyone, she was a Protector for a reason.

Footsteps were heard through the silent halls, making the grey hedgehog sit up. The evil genius appeared with the two Moebian hedgehogs behind him, smirking evilly.

"Hello, renegade. Comfortable?" Eggman asked, grinning.

Jayde rolled her orbs and laid on the ground and put her hands behind her head. She hummed, "Eh, it's okay. No different from sleeping in a tree."

"You sleep in trees?" Jaylee snickered.

Jayde sat up again, leaning back on her arms, "It's a trait of being part feline," she smirked, "You get that, don't you, Jaylee?"

The Moebian lookalike gritted her teeth but didn't comment, "Silence!" Eggman hissed, "You are our prisoner and you will stay here until we are ready to forward our plan."

Jayde stood and crossed her arms, "If you think Shadow is coming for me, think again. He's healing after whatever you did to him."

Eggman chuckled, "I did nothing to him. Shadow being 'attacked' was merely a decoy to our real plan."

"So, then how come Tails scanned him and found out that you are trying to turn him evil?" Jayde hissed, glaring slightly at the evil genius.

"That's only because I needed him out the way, since you two are... close now."

"We are just friends." Jayde answered, trying to avoid them finding out that she and Shadow were, what people would call, 'a thing' now.

Eggman snickered, "You keep saying that, but it doesn't make it any less true."

Jayde decided to change the subject, "Why did you bring me here, Egghead?"

"I brought you here because you are part of our master plan. Without you, it doesn't work." He answered.

"If your 'master plan' is that I am the bait, then no thank you. I'm not standing around helplessly while you try and take down the gang." Jayde looked at him unamused, "Which, by the way, won't work."

Eggman grinned as the three of them turned and began walking away, "Oh, don't worry. You won't be helpless, you'll be a... reinforcement." He laughed.

Jayde frowned – what did he mean by that?!