Chapter Two: The Party

||

"A painting that doesn't shock isn't worth painting."
Marcel Duchamp

||

Eleanor Peverell saw that finding a house of her own had been one of the more significant points in her life after becoming an Auror.

Still in Wiltshire somewhere between her home and a little Muggle village, there sat a small Georgian style mansion that was like a box made of the most perfect shade of red brick and a charcoal roof. The amount of windows and the large black door decorated the front of the home, a simple touch to the home surrounded by a garden of green and rocks the color of sand.

It wasn't nearly as classic and old as her family home but it was a nice setting in contrast to what she grew in, keeping the class and oldness but in a different style. It was still slightly too big for herself.

She drove up the driveway that lead to the front of her home, she parked her stormy blue Muggle car --since she had grown bored and learned to drive over the years-- in between her little garden setup that wrapped around her property, Marcella had been sitting in the passenger side.

Elves were currently doing work in her yard, covering the garden in lights and dancing little trinkets, making ladders of themselves to cover each window in a wreath and red bow. They were never bound to her despite the climate of Elves employment these days and instead treated like friends quite generously in her household.

"Merlins beard, I hope Alan didn't turn your home upside down." her best friend groaned.

Eleanor chuckled. "He better not have ruined this for the amount of time he's spent around us."

For the party this evening Eleanor allowed Marcella's husband Alan, the Gryffindor boy from the days at Hogwarts, and their daughter Margot who was only a year old to stay in her home as long as he coordinate the elves on their decorating duties.

Eleanor did hold her breath a little when she stepped through the door though, wondering what holiday decor would await her.

The front entrance had taken up most of the space in her home.

Alan stood on the large carpet in the center between the small vintage leather sofas and little side tables with Margot in his hands.

Around them, the elves were hard at work.

To the right of the room of marble floors and white walls covered in gaping windows that took up the two stories her home was, there was a grand staircase. It shared a black twisted railing the went all the way up and around the small little balcony that overlooked her open floor plan. The elves wrapped golden garland around that and the little stone columns in between each little break.

On the windows on the other wall across from her the curtains of white were know traced with gold like the cracks of a lightning bolt that shimmered in the light.

But then, on the far left side of the room where a large archway led to the dining hall, there had been a red bow hanging on green vines around the curve and she immediately wanted to voice her dislike for her in a nice way.

"Alan you can't put red and green in a white and gold themed party!" Marcella exclaimed.

The man nearly jumped out of his own skin. "I didn't tell them to do it!" he cried.

Eleanor sighed and withdrew her wand, changing the color of the vines from her garden to a faux gold color. But her friend had already rushed over to her fiance and snatched the child from his arms to hurry off to her kitchen where food was being prepared.

The Last Drop |Tom Riddle|  On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara