Chapter Twelve: Dead.

I sat on a towel next to Grey who stared up ahead and towards the couples having their fun in the water.

I folded my legs to my chest and bit my onto my lower lip, tucking some hair behind my ear as I fought for words to say.

"So...um... Wanna... Go swim?" I asked as a blush covered my face.

"No." he said it so straight that my face became pale from disappointment instead of a romantic red.

I folded my arms in anger and glared at him which he returns with a raised brow and blank expression.

"Okay." I sighed, annoyed. I stood up and blocked his light, making sure I attracted so much of his attention. He stared up at me, his blue eyes drilled holes in mine as he searched me. "I'm trying to make things work and you're shoving me away?"

"Isn't that what you've been doing to me? Now you want things to work? What happened to you not wanting things to work?" He asked in a calm voice that pierced my heart either way.

"What the..." I froze in disbelief. "So this is how it's going to be?"

"Emily... Remember what we agreed?" Renee whispered into my ear and I lightly pushed her from me and glared at Grey who was still looking at me.

"No," I said, "I've been trying all day to sort things out and he's shoving me away!"

"All I'm asking is, what made you change?" He asked firmly, standing up as his built body twitched in front of me, mocking mine in so many ways, yet affecting me the same way.

"Really?" I frowned, taking a step back from him. "I just wanted you to be yourself again. But I guess you'll always be a jerk."

"Luna!" Renee gasped and I shrugged.

"Don't call me that!" I said as tears flooded my eyes, forcing me to look away and sigh. "I'm sorry Renee... I don't think I belong here."

"I didn't say that." he narrowed his eyes at me and I folded my arms tightly to my chest.

"Oh, like it doesn't show, I'm helping out in a wedding I didn't plan out for, but the one who organised it isn't helping, acting like I just shaved his face off."

"You know, you two are both short tempered." Jacob chuckled as he got out of the water, having the droplets on his body reflect the sun rays in a beautiful, majestic way. "Actually made for each other." he chuckled and Grey growled silently enough that  I could still hear it.

I shot in a questioning glare which he looked away from deliberately.

"You... Never wanted us to be... Mates right? So I was right?" I asked in a whisper which he heard but chose to ignore. "Grey... I know you only want a mate's love but... I don't understand what you aren't telling me."

Jacob shot me a shocked glare, telling me to shut up, but this was my only chance.

"Grey," I held his shoulder and he tensed, avoiding my gaze. "What aren't you telling me?"

"It's none of your freaking business." He growled.

I took a step back and sighed. Thinking it wasn't necessary to argue further and trigger his emotions. I turned instead and walked towards the lake that reflected beautifully from the sun. I stepped into the warm water and sighed out again.

We weren't going anywhere at this rate. Why were we even destined for each other? I don't deserve to suffer.... Not now... I've suffered enough.

By now I expected Grey holding my shoulder and telling me he was sorry, but when I glanced over my shoulder, he's flirting with a girl with long grey hair tied to a tight ponytail and dyed with black ends.

I snorted and turned back to the lake. They looked great together anyway. They both have odd colours of hair with black ends and....

I sighed, shutting my eyes as I walked further into the water. The water slowly leveled up as I went to the deeper side. I waved my hand over the water and swam further from the shore. It was getting colder as I went further until I decided to explore a bit more so I went over the safety boarders.

Slowly, I felt my pressure easing out from my poles. I felt relaxed a bit.

I dived into the water and looked around, it was a bit dark but light on the shallow areas. I went back up, took in some air and dived in, looking around until I felt my lungs grip tightly on me.

Goosebumps appeared on my skin and I knew it was too cold here and my asthma was getting the best of me. I went back to the surface and tried to go back quickly but the pain came in too soon that I flinched, falling back into the water and bringing in some into my nose. I waved my hands again and got back up, coughing out some water only to drown back in when the pain stabbed at me.

This time, I gasped in the water and gave access to it. It rushed into my lungs, burning me even more.

I failed to swim back up when my body got weak from the lack of oxygen. I simply let myself float as my eyelids felt heavy and shut against my will.

Grey.... Save me...