Chapter Eighteen: Alyssa

I am very mad right now with Wattpad because it's taken me three hours to get this to post properly and I always write on my iPad because I have a keyboard for it and it's easier because it's small, but I had to break out my very slow and annoying dinosaur laptop just to update.

Enough with my complaining, if you got a notification for this chapter, I am begging you to let me know.

*****

Chapter Eighteen: Alyssa

I shift slightly on the bed, moving closer to Danny so his parents can see both of us on FaceTime. He has my laptop going and I've been laying in bed on my phone because my period started after work and now I'm cramping.

"Hi Grace." Caleb says. "You look tired. Are you okay?"

"Yeah I'm fine." I say, but I end up yawning anyways. I rest my head on Danny's shoulder.

"Actually guys, we called you because we have some news."

Beatrice gasps.

"You guys are having a baby!" She exclaims.

We don't really tell anybody what happens in the bedroom between the two of us, so nobody knows that we're both still virgins.

"I'm not pregnant." I laugh.

Her smile fades. "Oh."

"So what is it?" Caleb wonders.

"We're getting married." Danny says.

"Are you serious?" Caleb asks with a smile. I smile and hide my face in Danny's shoulder.

"Yeah." Danny laughs.

"That's incredible." Beatrice beams. "I'm so happy. When is the wedding?"

"We're thinking next April." I say, lifting my head off of his shoulder.

"This is amazing news." Caleb says.

"And of course, I would love to be included in the planning...if that's okay with you, Grace." Beatrice says.

"Yeah, that's fine. We're going to make the guest list after we hang up. I found this place in Boca Raton that I loved."

"Okay, awesome." Beatrice says. Her and Caleb kind of exchange glances.

"You know...Grace, since your parents aren't going to be involved...we can pay for the wedding." Caleb says gently.

"Oh, you don't have to do that..." I trail off.

"We want to." Beatrice says. "We can pay for some, at least. What honey, like ten thousand?" She turns to Caleb.

"Yeah." He nods.

"Guys, that is a lot of money." Danny says.

"Weddings are expensive." Beatrice says. "How about you guys pay for the dress and the tuxedo, the cake, and the flowers, and Caleb and I pay for everything else? I imagine you'll have the wedding party pay for their own dresses?"

"Yeah." I nod. "Are you guys sure you want to do this? I mean, it's expensive."

"We're positive." Caleb says. I look at Danny and he just shrugs.

"Alright, if this is what you guys want." I say.

"This is what we want." Beatrice says.

"Another thing," Caleb clears his throat. "And I'm sorry if this upsets you Grace, but given the situation with your parents, I imagine they won't be invited?"