Somnolence

Hello again. This chapter will include a child's death and hella sadness. I pulled this from an interview and added my spin to it. I saw the interview where Chadwick and Ian first met and the one where he found out he had passed. I have never wanted to console someone so much! But it'll perk up towards the end. It's a bit short, but enjoy! ~LPS~

She began to stir, not realizing she had fallen asleep. 'He tucked me in?' she thought. She looked at the clock, it read 12pm.

"Shit! I overslept!" she got up and ran to Chadwick's room to see if he was up. He was still asleep, snoring loudly. She shook him. "Wake up! C'mon, we're late!" He didn't budge. "CHADWICK! GET UP!" she said as lightly slapped his face. He caught her hand. "What. Do. You. Want," he said as he opened one eye. "We're late, it's 12! We have to go!" He sighed and said "Today is an off day, it's the only one I get this week and I would like to sleep in a bit longer if you don't mind. Now kindly join me, or get out." She hesitated and he reached out and pulled her into bed with him. "Go back to sleep, we'll talk later," he said and drifted back off. Not even an hour later, he got a phone call. Several actually. He picked up the phone when it rang a fourth time.

"Yeah?" he asked groggily. "What? What's wrong man? Just tell me!" Tioné was up then. "Awww no, man the movie isn't out yet! He was really looking forward to seeing it, dammit! I'll call back later."

When he hung up, he began to bawl. Tioné tried to console him. "Hey, what's wrong?" She said as she lightly rubbed his back. "Hhhhe's gggone. He tried to hold on for the movie and he-" He sobbed even harder. "Who's gone baby? What's going on?" She began to panic, he calmed down enough to tell her. "Remember Ian? The little boy with terminal cancer who met me and couldn't wait to see the movie?" She nodded slowly, he began crying again. She pulled his head to her lap and massaged his scalp as he continued to grieve. He cried himself back to sleep. She got up, brushed her teeth and crawled back into bed with him. He wrapped his arms around her waist and took a deep breath.

"Thank you for being here," he said in a whisper, "I'm sorry I kinda dragged you into this." "You're welcome," she said as she caressed his face, "You didn't drag me into anything. I would have left if I didn't want to be here."

They were silent for a while, then she spoke.

"You need to eat, let's get ready to go." He tried to protest, but she cut him off. "No, you're going to brush, bathe, and put on clothes. We're going and that's it." She moved off of the bed and drew a bath for him. "You have 30 minutes or I'm coming in. I understand that you want to grieve, but you have to keep yourself up okay?" He sighed, "Alright fine. I'll be out in enough time, you don't have to come in. Just grab some clothes for me please." 

She grabbed an outfit for him and went to put clothes on herself and allowed herself to cry for the little boy. He was ready a short time later and they headed out. They stopped at the first pub they saw.

"You should eat something, you have a big day tomorrow," she told him. "No ma'am, I do not. I told them I was sick, so I'm staying at the hotel for the rest of the day. I need the rest anyway, this just made it happen sooner," he said. She tried to take his mind off of Ian. "So you and I this morning... Where did that come from?" "I don't know, it felt right so I just went for it. I didn't make you uncomfortable did I?" he asked. "No, it just caught me off guard. I'm never one to skip time to sleep though. I was happy to be back in the bed, even happier that it was yours," she gave him a wink. He chuckled, "I had the day planned out for us. I was going to surprise you, but..." he trailed off, "Oh well." "Well the night is still young. We could go to the London Eye? Or Big Ben?" "Yeah I don't see why not."

They finished up with their food and headed back out. As they were walking, he draped his arm around her shoulders. She looked at him, but did not say anything. They caught a cab to the London Eye, then after that Big Ben. He kept looking at her like he wanted to say something, but didn't know how to say it. He just blurted it out.

"I think I l-"