Chapter 5

Walking hurt a bit but not as much as I expected. My body was healing faster than usual. Thanks to my immortality. We walked out the lab and found a giant "living room". We were in the sewers. I should have known from the smell. The three brothers were sitting on a huge couch fighting over a video game. Actually Raph and Mikey were playing while Leo was just watching them. Smiling.

"Mikey I swear to God if you chose rainbow road ONE MORE TIME", Raph growled.

"You're just mad cause you always lose", Mikey replied.

"Mario Kart is known for ending friendships, you know", I laughed and the three looked at me, "sorry didn't mean to interrupt."

"ANGEL CAKES", Mikey screamed, jumped up and ran towards me, "why are you up? Why is she up Donnie? Is she even allowed to?", he asked walking around me.

"I think she can manage", Donnie said.

"Come over to the couch", Mikey said and lift me up.

My God he was strong. But then again they were mutants so they had to be. 

"I can walk you know", I protested.

He giggled and almost dropped me by tripping over something. 

"Got'cha", he laughed.

He then placed me carefully on the couch and jumped next to me. Which made me fall against Raph. 

"Sorry", I said.

"Don't bother", was the reply.

Raph was truly intimidating. Just by sitting there he was a head taller than me. And those muscles. Better not mess with him.

"Mikey for the last time, be gentle", Leo said.

"So Angel Cakes", Mikey said completely ignoring his brother, "how are you feeling?"

"Tired", I replied.

I didn't even know what time it was but it must have been late. And all that fighting for my life made me even more tired. 

"You should get a rest", Donnie said.

"Yeah it's late anyway", Raph answered.

"Just another reason to not play Mario Kart and lose", Mikey said.

"Shut up"

"Or what?", Mikey provoked.

Raph growled which made Mikey jump up from the couch. Soon he was chasing his younger brother and left me behind with only Leo and Donnie.

"You can stay here. For the night. The couch is not the most comfortable one but -", Leo started.

"It's fine really. Thank you", I cut him off, smiling grateful.

"You're welcome (Y/N). I've also contacted your friends. They want you back ASAP but I could get them to agree that you first need a good night's sleep", Leo nodded.

He handed me my phone and I wondered how someone with such big hands could use such a small phone. Taking a quick glance at the couch and I already felt like sleeping. I laid down, putting my head on a random pillow and feeling sleep coming over me. 

"Good night (Y/N)", Donnie said.

"Good night guys, thank you. For everything", I whispered, drifting off.

---

I woke up, didn't remembering where I was. My eyes needed to adjust to the dark but I could see a small light in the left hand corner. After blinking a few times it came back to me: robots, attack, turtles. I was in their lair. Sleeping on the couch after I got shot.

My leg was still aching so I took a quick look at it. The wound was definitely smaller but still healing which made it itch and hurt at the same time. My forehead was covered in sweat and yet I felt cold.

"Ugh", was the only thing I could say.

Slowly getting up I felt dizzy again. It disappeared within a few seconds though so I could finally make my way to the kitchen. And possibly the bathroom. I decided that food was a bit more important now.

The lair wasn't too shabby. I expected way worse form the sewers. Here they had a water slide, a bunch of computers, an arcade center and more. I wonder where they got all of these things from. And the money.

The kitchen was rather big with and island in the middle. Clean and clutter free. Much different from my own place. And that from 4 mutant turtles. The fridge on the other hand was sad: pizza, soda and ice cream. I already felt like intruding the place so I figured it wouldn't be a good idea to just put a pizza in the oven and have it baked. My leg was slowly forgotten as I took a second and last look through the fridge.

"Ice cream it is then", I said making a mental note about buying the guys a new one.

I picked ______ which is my absolute favorite. A spoon was quickly found and I devoured it.

"Enjoying yourself?", someone behind me asked.

I chocked on the ice cream making me cough like crazy. Slowly turning around I could see big, emerald eyes staring at me.

"Raph, don't scare me like that. How long have you been standing there? I didn't even hear you", I said trying to regain my breathe.

"I'm a ninja, what did you expect", he replied, slightly smiling.

He made his way towards me and check out the bucket of ice cream I had in my hand.

"I was actually saving that for myself", he said.

Oh God. Of course it had to be HIS ice cream that I ate. Could this be more coincidental?

"What some?", I asked jokingly.

He didn't answer but kept on looking at me.

"Look I'm really sorry for stealing your ice cream Raph. I will buy you another one. Actually scratch that I will buy you 10 buckets if you want", I said.

His faced softened a bit which made me happy.

"Well since you already started I might as well join", he said, getting another spoon.

I sat at the island waiting for him to sit next to me. He hesitated a bit, not being sure what to do but then finally sat down. I didn't realize I was still holding onto the ice cream but as soon as I noticed I handed it over. 

"Here", I said.

He grabbed it while softly touching my fingers. 

"Now, tell me why you're up, sneaking around the lair and stealing my ice cream", he demanded.