Chapter 1

Q
U
I
N
N
L
E
Y

The morning started off pretty normal. Well as normal as a demigod's morning can get.
    Sorry I'm getting ahead. My name is Quinnley Andrews. And apparently I'm a Demigod. I haven't been "claimed" by my Godly parent yet. Also I never talk to anyone.
     Back to my morning, I woke up to the breakfast bell and cursed. I woke up late again.
      I stumbled around pulling on my Camp Half-Blood t-shirt and some jean shorts. I opened my door, while putting on my shoes.
      I ran down the stairs, skipping the last three steps. I stopped so suddenly I almost fell.
     Starring back at me through the  mirror was a young girl that had a nest for hair. I combed my hair out with my fingers and pulled it into a ponytail. 
      Finally I made it to the dinning pavilion and sat next to the only person who wasn't scared of me; Zach Solace-Di Angelo. 
     Zach was tall with dark brown  hair, his eyes matched his hair. Today Zach was wearing a navy blue t-shirt with tattered jeans. His dagger attached to his belt. Crap, I forgot my sword in my room...too late now.
      "Your late." Zach's words made me jump.
        "Slept in." I whispered. I know what your thinking, you said you didn't talk to anyone. Well I lied. I only talk to Zach.
        "Again." Zach rolled his eyes. I punched him in the arm and made him wince. I loved being stronger than him.
        That reminds me. I need to explain a little more. The Camp Half-Blood everyone talks about is different now. Your no longer sorted into cabins by Godly parent, when you arrive you get put into a cabin. Every cabin can only have up to seven people. I'm in cabin 1. I arrived at camp two years ago...it's hard to remember.
      "Good morning campers." Chiron boomed. He was a centaur  (half horse half man). "Hope you had a wonderful night. If you didn't please come talk to me. Now please enjoy your breakfast and don't forget offerings to the gods."
Chiron sat down in his wheelchair that magically swallowed his horse half, making him look like a normal man in a wheelchair.
Everyone stood up and made there way to the fire, since most campers were grandchildren of the gods, we got to pick our favorite god OR goddess and make offerings to them.
I always made offerings to Hades...I don't know why...something just felt right about the God of the underworld.
I scooped half of my mashed potatoes and gravy into the fire.
Hey Hades, me again um sorry for always bothering you but if you could like send me a sign of my parentage or something that would be great, thanks!!!
Same-o same-o. I ate breakfast in silence, besides the small bickering between Zach and I, but what's new.
After breakfast I made my way back to my cabin, I walked in trying not to make eye contact with my cabin mates.
There were only six of us...we were missing one.
Georgie Underwood came up to me. Georgie was a buff dude. I mean being a Satyr and all might help with that. Georgie had brown curly hair and dark skin...even though his mom has green skin (Juniper) and his dad has light skin (Grover Underwood).
"Hey," Georgie was in his usual white tee shirt and no pants because who needs pants when you have goat legs am I right?
I smiled back, not saying anything.
"So," Georgie scratched the back of his neck, "I was wondering if you'd want to join Riley and I for a board game?"
I glanced at Riley Grace, she can be intimidating. She was the daughter of Jason Grace and Piper McLean. Riley was pretty, but not as "drop dead gorgeous" as her sister Lacy.
          Riley had dirty blonde hair thick rimmed glasses. She was wearing a yellow farm dress, with a red belt and cowboy (cowgirl?) boots.
        I drew my attention back to Georgie and shook my head. Before he could say anything, I ran up the stairs to my room.
       I closed the door behind me in a hurry. I let out a sigh of relief. I peeked around my room for my sword.
        Guessing you want me to describe my room now....fine. To the left of my door sat a desk, with nothing on it. To the right of my door was a self and comforter. On one of the walls was my huge bay window. My bed was straight across from me. I had plain purple sheets and a worn out pillow with no case. On the opposite wall sat a dummy and a weapons rack.
        I walked over to the rack and selected my favorite sword. It was a half Celestial Bronze half Stygian Steel katana.
       I called it Bone-Breaker. Cause you know it breaks bones.
       I strapped Bone-Breaker to my waist. And rushed out the door, past Georgie and Riley (who were in a competitive game of Monopoly.) and out the cabin to the arena.
       I was surprised when I got to the arena unstopped. I slashed and hacked at dummies, before I knew it I was clean out of dummies to destroy.
       I sat on the outskirts of the arena and plopped Bone-Breaker on the ground next to me.
     "Water?" I jumped and turned to see Zach sitting next to me offering a bottled water.
      "Don't do that." I said hitting his chest and taking the water. I took a sip of my much needed water.
       "You know" Zach started unsheathing his dagger, "I've gotten better at sword play."
        I snickered "Are you challenging me to a duel?"
       Zach tilted his head from side to side. "If that's what you want to call it then yes, yes I am."
       I smiled and in a blink of an eye, Bone-Breaker was fighting its way through Zach's dagger.
      I mean Zach was good but not good enough. I attacked his left side leaving my right side vulnerable. Zach kneed me in the side, knocking me to the ground.
      I cursed in Greek. How was Zach winning? I shook my head and kicked Zach's legs out from under him.
     I stood quickly and swung my sword. Zach blocked it and got to his feet.
     Man, this was going to be tuff. I somehow got behind him and thrusted my sword at his throat.
      Zach was breathing hard and we stood like that for a minute or two.
       I looked longingly at my water. Curse me for losing focus. Zach stepped on my foot and ducked away from me.
       I almost laughed at his face. He looked so proud that he escaped my clutches. He charged at me and I stood there like the dumb idiot I am.
       Zach forced his flat side of his blade against Bone-Breaker. Luckily for my he weakened his hold on his dagger.
        I pushed his dagger upwards and out of his hands.
        We stood there looking at each other. Our faces were very close, a little to close.
        Zach looked from my eyes to my lips and back again. I reached out my hand and caught his dagger.
         I crossed both blades and used their flat side and knocked Zach to the ground. He somehow managed to take me with him.
       I had both swords across his throat and I had one knee on his chest.
       I swore Zach chuckled before he gasped for air. I guess crushing his lungs with my knee caused him to be unable to breath. Who knew?
        Before I released him, I heard a faint scream. I looked from left to right and saw no one there. Again I heard it, that faint girly scream, but this time louder. I looked up from his desperate situation and saw another desperate situation.
       A weirdly pretty girl was running and screaming down half-blood hill. About 20 feet behind her was a vicious hellhound.
      I hastily got up and ran towards the danger. Cause I'm nice like that. Zach wasn't to far behind. I'm glad he could recover fast and jump into action.
      I don't know how but Zach made it to the girl before me, like 40 feet before me. He stopped her and pointed to me. I couldn't hear what they were saying but the girl nodded and ran towards me.
      Zach, stupidly turned to the hellhound and put his hands up. I didn't see what happened after that, when the girl tripped and fell into me.
       I was holding her up and didn't fall. All of the sudden I was blinded by a bright light.