Chapter 5

*Bone-Breaker above*
Q
U
I
N
N
L
E
Y

Making that dweeb cry was the best thing ever...then it was ruined by Zach and Ash. They were hysterically laughing their guts out. And it made me look like an idiot in front of Cast.
      Now I know what your thinking, no I'm not in love with Cast...what, are you expecting me to tell you my crush? Haha. No. 
      I was talking to Ash, when I heard the lunch bell go off. Ash jumped. "W-What was that?"
       I looked at her with a raised eyebrow. "It means lunch is ready." It just occurred to me that everything today happened Before lunch. I ran my fingers through my hair, which was pretty hard because I didn't brush it.
        I grab Ash's wrist and dragged her to the dinning pavilion. "You can go off and sit where ever you want. I'm going to sit besides Zach and Ethan."
        "Well," Ash begun, "I haven't met Ethan yet. So I guess I'll go and say hi." I nodded, and together we walked and sat across from the boys.
         "Hey, I guess you must be Ethan. I'm Ash." Ash did her famous short wave. Ethan Jackson smiled. He had sandpaper colored hair. And flourishing blue eyes, that I could get lost in. I looked at my food in front of me just so I didn't look like I was staring.
         I had just a piece of pizza in front of me. So did everyone else, but Ethan's pizza was different-it was blue.
        Ash looked just as confused as me. Zach not so much. Him and Ethan just kept goofing around like nothing was wrong. BUT EVERYTHING WAS WRONG. My dad was non other than Momus. Wow Quinnley that's so cool...who's is Momus? EXACTLY!! We had no idea when I first got claimed. Chiron didn't even know. So we went to the smartest person we knew: Annabeth Jackson.
         Of course she took one look at the symbol, that was still glowing over my head, and told me all about my wonderful father.
         I would expect someone like Apollo or Athena or someone who was good at fighting to claim me but no I got the fricken God of Humor. I don't have humor. No body thinks I'm funny. Well I guess Zach and Ash did kind of die of laughter for no apparent reason.
       "Q! Earth to Quinnley Andrews!" I was snapped out of my mental tantrum by Zach.
       "Huh?" I looked at him and was hoping he didn't ask me a question. He snickered. I would have punched him, but he was to far away.
       "I was telling Ash and Ethan about our amazing prank on the Aphrodite kids." Ash seemed to tense at the name Aphrodite, but I didn't think to much about it.
       "Oh yeah, I remember, we swopped out there make-up with glitter bombs and paint balloons." I smiled the memory. All Aphrodite's kids looked like clowns for a whole week.
         I took a bite of my pizza and realized that everyone else has already eaten and moved on to desert. I ate quickly and began on my chocolate cake.
         "Oh...chocolate cake." Ethan looked at me as blush crept onto his cheeks. I was confused at first but then I remembered Ethan's little bribe to the "killer blob"; chocolate and cake.
          I smirked as I took a bite. Ethan looked at his blue cookies and stuffed one whole.
          Chiron stood and pounded his hooves on the floor. Everyone became silent. "First off I'd like to welcome back Ethan Jackson."
       Cheers echoed through the pavilion. Ethan looked embarrassed and slightly waved.
        Chiron pounded again. Silence. "Second, I have some very sad news. Our dear friend Alec Underwood is dead."
        There was no sound at first, but then a young tree nymph burst into tears. That young girl was Angie Underwood; Alec's twin. The youngest Underwood, Cody, had frozen and dropped his glass of milk on the floor-shattering it. Georgie Underwood, being the oldest and all, didn't have time to grieve. He comforted Angie.
         There was a tiny whimper beside me. I looked over and saw a single tear run down Ash's face. I didn't know if I should hug her or pat her on the back and say "there, there." I decided to do nothing. Most of her hair had fallen in front of her face blocking anyone else's view.
         "Last but not least," Chiron said at last, "tonight we will have a game of Capture The Flag. Underwoods' please meet me in my office. Your parents are waiting."
         I watched as the three kids followed Chiron away from the pavilion. I turned back to Ash. She wasn't crying anymore and actually looked like nothing happened.
        "So that was depressing." Zach chimed. I shot him a deadly glare, and he shut right up. People slowly began leaving the pavilion.
        "Come on." I stood and gestured for Ash to follow.
        "Guess I'll see you guys tomorrow." Ethan said as he rose. "I got to get back to the Hospital or else Dr. Will will have my head." Ethan walked away, stumbling a little. Zach,Ash, and I went to teach Ash how to play Capture The Flag.
——————
The rest of the day flew past; we taught Ash the basic survival skills for the game, and we had time to goof around with the younger campers. Then, we all gathered at the edges of the forest where Chiron separated us into the different teams for capture the flag. Odd cabins versus even cabins. Chiron began to explain the rules, but since I already knew them, I payed no attention. Ash was fidgeting and I could tell she didn't want to be here. After the long lecture, we finally got to separate into the woods. Before I entered the woods, Zach sneered at me and said,
     "Don't go crying to your mommy when you lose!" I tried to give a remark back but he disappeared before I could. Our team made our way over to our flag and we began to make our battle plan. Thanks to no one because both of the battle strategists were on the other team. Ash interrupted and gave her famous wave before stating,
     "Hi I'm Ash the famous scaredy cat. And you all are?"
     I groaned and pointed at Hyrum Dare-Stoll. "Go ahead."
     "H-h-Hyrum Dare-Stoll. Son of R-Rachel Dare and C-c-Connor S-Stoll.  Cabin O-one."
     "Hey same cabin!" Ash exclaimed, going for a high five but Hyrum backs away cautiously. Ash awkwardly puts her hand back down.
     "Nice to meet ya! I'm Emmi," the girl with long black hair and dark eyes smiled. Everyone kind of stared at her a moment, waiting for her to go on with her parentage. But she didn't.
     "Um, I'm Riley Grace, daughter of Jason and Piper Grace, in Cabin Uno." As she talked, I noticed the boy next to her blush and looked slightly uncomfortable, but happy to be standing beside her.
     "Ditto!" Ash received a high five from Riley.
     Ash then turned to Milo, who jumped and said quickly, "I'm Valdez Milo-I mean Valdez-Milo Valdez!" A couple kids snicker. I however snickered at the next kid. Next up came the famous jerk twin.
     "I'm Logan," he snapped. Honestly, I like his twin, Landon, much better.
     "I'm Charlotte Jackson, called Charlie, daughter of the famous Percy and Annabeth Jackson and if you haven't heard of them, you will soon enough." I rolled my eyes. I wish Zach was as proud of his parentage as she was.
     "I'm Bee Solace-Di Angelo, younger sister of-"
     KABOOM!!!!!! A loud crash echoes through the wilderness.
     "I knew we should have been preparing for an attack! They're gaining!" Logan sputtered angrily. I took that moment to take charge.
     "Landon! Riley! Guard the flag! Everyone else-ATTACK!" Everyone ran into the thicket of trees. Ash was somehow in front of the pack, running for her life alongside Emmi. Emmi turned into a saber tooth tiger mid jump and flew into action. Ash abruptly stopped, jaw touching the floor. I ran past and realized she had stopped. I turned back around and yelled, "Why did you stop? Let's go!"
     "My whole life's a lie," Ash murmured. "What just happened? Can we all do that?"
     "Her dad is Frank Zhang-duh! Let's go! Now duck before you get yourself killed." Ash instantly did as told and I caught an arrow shot by none other than Garet Walker. I dropped the arrow as he ran at me and I eventually beat him to the ground. Ash cowered in a corner. I noticed something glimmering off of the tree.
     "You're a genius!" I claimed running toward her.
     "Um me?" Ash whispered. I opened a hidden hatch in the tree which showed a map of the combat field and the two flags were glowing. "Oh ya I totally knew that was there." Ash tossed her hair over her shoulder.
     "The flag's that way!" I pointed to the east and picked her up off of the ground. "Let's go!"
     After dodging many weapons and hiding behind a tree for a few moments, I sprinted to a nearby bush and spotted the blue flag. That was it! Ash ran into the bush alongside me, pushing me over.
     "Sorry!" She gasped.
     Shh!" I hissed. "Stay here!" With that, I got up and raced to the flag. This was it! I was going to be the hero of capture the flag! I was- My thought was interrupted and before I could blink I was tied to a tree. I looked around and to my right saw my captor, who was also bound to the tree. Clumsy Landon Stoll had acted again.
     Ash slowly crept out from the bush and began to make her way over to me. A figure dropped from the tree between me and Ash. I couldn't see her face, but I figured it had the look of astonishment upon it.
     "Zach," I said through gritted teeth. He smirked.
     "Guess it's just you and me beauty queen." He gestured to Ash.
     "Ladies first," Ash growled. There was no way. She stood no chance. And yet...she had such a dark look in her eyes. It was boring into my soul. All of a sudden, the air around me became cold and I shivered as I thought of my mother's whip she would use against me. Why am I thinking of this now? Suddenly I could hear my mother's hideous laugh cackle in the distance, yet it seemed so close. I began to whimper and squeeze my eyes shut. "No please no...stop!" Suddenly, everything stopped and went back to normal. I slowly opened my eyes and saw Zach crumpled on the floor and Ash holding the blue flag. The look on her face was astonished fear.
     Ash quickly came over and untied me and instantly I backed away. Landon turned tail and ran.
     "What's wrong with you?" I asked shakily. Ash looked hurt. I pushed past her and made my way to Zach. The empty look on his face was enough to send a single tear down my face. I felt it's cold unwanted presence make its way down my cheek.