Present Day ♡

6 Yrs. Later...

Azeem ♢

"Happy Birthday, my handsome son." My mother tells me. I'm now eighteen. "Thank you mom." I say. A nigga finally legal. "Now, you have rules young man." She starts. I look at her crazy and start laughing. "Rules? Rules, mom? I'm grown." I say. She grabs my chin and snatches my head. "I don't care, Azeem. You are to behave like you have common sense and home training." She snaps. I smile. "Yes, momma." I say. Behave my ass. Azeem and behave don't even sound right together at all. "I refuse to become a grandmother, Azeem. I hope you learned from last time." She says. "Last time? I don't know what you mean. Let's see..." I say, making a thinking face. She gives me a "Nigga please" look. "Act as if you have amnesia if you please. Try me, Azeem." She says. "Ma, I ain't gon get nobody pregnant. aight?" I say.

The last time was crazy. Long story short, I smashed a girl I met at a club I snuck into. I think her name was Ashley but she winded up pregnant by me. Her dumb ass was smoking and drinking while carrying my child so the baby died. I was convinced it wasn't mine anyways. I didn't even care when she told me the news because who the hell wants a baby with a bitch when they don't even know her first name? That shit dead.

"I hear you, Azeem but I don't trust you." She says. I smile and kiss her cheek. "You should." I say. "Yuck, don't kiss me. I heard about you." She says. I laugh. "Ma, what you heard was a lie. I'll see you later. I need to go to school. Kiss Alana and Adela goodbye for me." I say. They're my six year old twin sisters. When we moved here from Belize six years ago, she met a man at a club, had a one night stand and wala, I have sisters. I wasn't upset tho because he's good to my family. They got married. He a real nigga plus he a neurosurgeon. "Yes sir." She says, hugging me. I grab the keys to my red Audi and walk out. "Don't misbehave!" Mom yells out the door once I get in. "Oh, and buckle up!" She adds. I laugh and wave. She so overprotective but that's my Queen.

"Damn, about time, Azeem Landon Sanchez!" Melodi says, buckling up. "Shut up, Mel. You better be glad I came. You need to get your broke ass van fixed." I say. "Fuck your spoiled ass. You the one who broke my shit anyway, putting that watered down gas in it." She says. "You ain't about to blame me for that piece of shit car being a mess. It was fucked up before I even drove that scooby doo van. And I ain't spoiled. " I say. She laughs and pushes my head. "You suck. And yes you are. Your mother is a freaking Obstetrician and your step dad is a brain surgeon. You very spoiled. " She says. "But I'm that nigga." I say."Cocky ass." She says, rolling her eyes. "You love me tho, my best friend." I say. "Pshh, I don't love you. Happy birthday, scrub!" She exclaims, hugging me. I laugh. "You bi polar. Thank you little girl." I say. "Little? Just because you finally legal don't make me a little girl. My birthday is in two months, sir." She says. "So that makes you a little girl until then. And I know your birthday, Mel." I say. "I can't tell considering the fact you forget every year." She says. "I don't forget, you just don't give me time to hit you up." I say. "Shut up. We've been best friends for six years and I have to remind you." She says. "Like I said, you be going off on me before I even get the chance to wish you a happy birthday. I'm starting to think you only became friends with me to argue." I joke. She laughs. "You so silly." She says. I smile. "Sure, my favorite American girl." I say. "Mhm, ok. But yeah, what we getting into tonight?" She asks. "I'm getting in some pussy. I don't know what you getting into." I say putting emphasis on the words I'm and you. She hits me in my chest. "Azeem, don't start. You know we gotta chill." She says. She does have a point. My birthday won't be complete without us kicking it in my basement smoking weed, eating junk food, and watching movies all night. It's only right but I ain't telling her that. I can't have her thinking she matters and shit. I chuckle at that thought. "No we don't. Go home and think of me." I say. She sits back and starts pouting as I drive. "You know we gotta do it one time for the one time." I say. She still staring ahead. "Quit playing hard." I say. She starts smiling. "Fine. Go ahead and do your stuff with your hoes then come pick me up at ten." She says. "I got you." I say. "Don't forget." She says. "I won't." I say. "Promise?" She asks. "On the rice and beans." I say. We laugh. That was some silly shit I came up when we were twelve. Back in Belize, all I ate was rice and beans if I even ate. I really don't know how we came up with that but we did.

"Hey Azeem." Ol girl from my second period says, walking beside me. "Wassup Kayla, right?" I ask. She bites her lip and nods her head. "Happy birthday. I hope you have a good night." She says, walking with me towards the student parking lot. "I will if you let me." I say. She licks her lips. "So, what you saying Mr. Spanish Accent?" She asks. I chuckle. "What you think I'm saying Ms. American Accent?" I ask. "Are you asking me on a date?" She asks. This girl buggin. I laugh. "If that's what you would like to call my hotel room, sure." I say. She touches my shoulder. "Will you pick me up?" She asks. I nod my head. "Put your number in my phone." I say, handing it to her. I watch her. She hands it back. "I'll call you." I say.

For my birthday, I got a three some from Kayla and her best friend Jasmine. When I say that shit was A1, I mean it. We was fuckin like rabbits boy. Now all of us just laid back naked in my king sized hotel bed blowing trees and listening to Bob Marley. "Can we please listen to American music?" Jasmine snaps with an annoyed look on her face. "Ain't shit wrong with Reggae. You know where the door at." I say. "Who you think you talking to?" She raises her voice. "You." I say. "Wait, chill out. Everything was going good." Kayla says. I look at the clock. "Fuck." I mumble, getting up. "What's wrong?" Kayla asks. It's almost two in the morning man. "I gotta drop yall off. Get dressed." I say, putting my clothes back on. I tune them off as they go off. I don't care. I just wanted pussy.

I just got done showering. I go outside and get in my car. I tried to call Melodi but she ain't trying to pick up. I pull off and head to her house.

Melodi ♡

"Oh boy, I've been wanting this more than you know, boy." I sing along to the Jhene Aiko coming through my beats. I dig my spoon into my chocolate ice cream. I press ignore on my phone. I ain't thinkin about Azeem. I had a feeling he wasn't gon come through anyway so I ain't trying to hear his apologies. It's his eighteenth birthday. I ain't even trippin off him. I hear the doorbell ring. "Who the fuck at my door this late?" I hear my auntie. I get up and grip my silver baseball bat off the floor. I walk down there. "Somebody dying tonight." She says, taking her pink pistol off safety. She snatches the door open. "Azeem? Boy, why you at my door at damn near three in the morning?" Auntie Paula yells. "My bad, Ms. P. Is Melodi around?" he asks. I step back. "Say I'm sleep." I whisper. "She sleep. Why?" She asks. He sighs. "We was supposed to spend my birthday together." he says. "But then you decided you'd rather go having sex and forget about her, correct?" Auntie asks. I face palm myself. Oh my God, man. Auntie talk so much. Everybody knows Azeem got a threesome. For one he's known all through Compton. Hell, he known period. Plus, Kayla is known around the school for being the chear leader everybody done hit. "No ma'am. I lost track of time." He says. "I lost track of time. Prince Akeem sounding ass." She mocks his accent. I burst out laughing. Azeem sounds nothing like no freaking Prince Akeem. He just sounds like a Caribbean. "Man, Mel stop hiding!" He says. I walk to the door. "Go home, Azeem." I say. "No, we gon kick it. Go get dressed." He says. "Are you crazy? You done with. What I look like, a second thought? This ain't that." I say, putting my hands on my hips. He sighs and puts his hands in the pockets of his white true religion jeans. "So you mad at me, huh?" He asks. "Nope, not at all. I'm just telling your ass. You ditched me for two hoes. It's whateva tho. Don't bother giving me a ride tomorrow." I say. Auntie puts her finger up and walks off and up the stairs. "Why you trippin on me like this? I'm here now so..." He says. "Yeah, you here when I don't give a fuck no more. You here when your birthday means nothing no more." I say. I walk in the house. "Why you follow me? Leave." I say. He so freakin irritating. I'm so serious. I go grab the red, black, and white castle cake I got made for him. "Well, this yours. Happy birthday." I say, giving it to him. "Melodi..." He says holding a giant cake and looking pitiful as ever. "Bye boy, dang." I say. He walks out. I slam the door in his face before he could even say anything. I ain't got time for that bull. I lock it. "You petty." My big brother says, shaking his head and eating a popsicle. I shrug my shoulders. "I don't care. Ain't nobody gon deal with Azeem." I say. I walk back upstairs before Twan could say anything. It's entirely too early in the morning for all that. I'm going to bed.

Comment

Please show love.

READ THE NEXT CH.

Look at the multimedia to see Present Day Azeem & Melodi