{ Three }

I was stunned. The feeling was rushing back, butterflies in my stomach. I was excited yet nervous when he was walking closer every second, but my heart fell when he just walks passed me, without even making eye contact with me.

I stood there shocked, the other workers started to walk behind him into the meeting room, but I was still standing there. "Soo Min, are you okay?" Yeongjae asked. I came back to senses when Yeongjae shake me a little. "Uh.. yeah, I'm fine.."

Yeongjae walked by my side, all the way to the meeting room. When everyone sat down, the new CEO started to introduce himself at the front of the room.

"Good morning everyone, I'm the new CEO of this company now, and my name is Jeon Jungkook." I flinch at his words when I heard his voice after so many years. And then he asked, "Who is my assistant?"

I stood up and I bowed to him, "I am. My name is Soo Min." I introduced myself and I was hoping that he will remember me. He tilted his head a little, but he just nods and said, "Okay meeting dismissed, Soo Min? Please follow me to my office."

I got excited again, did he remember me? Or did he wanna tell me that he misses me? I had some expectations when I was following behind him on the way to his office.

When we reach the door of his office, he opened the door and gestured me to go in before him. Still a gentleman he use to be. I gave a smiled and walked in to his office. Then he closed the door and sat at his table, and then his face turned really serious. Honestly, I was kinda scared.

"Okay, I'm going to be really serious about what I'm going to say next, and I hope you will take this seriously too." I quickly nodded and listened carefully.

"I need you to do your best at your work, and since you're my assistant, it also means that your my personal assistant, during work and out of work. If I happen to call you during yr lunch, dinner or even on the weekends, I expect you to reach to my location by 20 minutes, do you get it?"

What? Is he crazy? Does that mean I won't even have my own free time if he's going to call me whenever? But I had to respect him because he's now my boss, I nodded. "Yes, I understand. I will do my very best." "Good, you can go to work now."

I walked out the door, not forgetting to bowed to him before I close the door behind me. I felt tears around my eyes, how could he forget me? How could he forget the promise he made to me 4 years ago? How could he do this to me? He said... he said he loved me...

I sat on my table and I texted Jimin with blurry vision.

I locked my phone I got a phone call from the CEO office

I locked my phone I got a phone call from the CEO office. "Already?" I said to myself before picking up the phone. "Yes? Mr.Jeon?" "Please come to my office now." "Noted." I place the phone back and walked my way to his big glass door.

"I have a meeting with XX Company later, and I need you to follow me." He spoke with his eyes still on the paper works on his table. "Okay, is there anything I need to prepare before we go?" He looked at me in the eyes, and gave his bunny smile. "No, just prepare yourself."

{ Time skip }

I followed behind Jungkook as we walked out of the company. The same shiny black Mercedes pulled up again, Jungkook opened the door and gestured me to get in first. I turned to him and gave him a smile and a nod as in 'Thanks' before getting in the car.

He sat next to me and there was awkward silence for the whole journey. I wanted to ask him so many questions, but I figured it isn't the right time so I kept quite. After around 10 minutes we reached XX Company.

We walked into the company, it's a little smaller than our company as it isn't as famous as the one I was working in, but the decor are really pretty though. I walked beside Jungkook all the way to the company's CEO office.

Jungkook pushed opened the door and let me in first, as always. Then he sat down and started talking to the CEO, and I'm just standing behind Jungkook at all times. I heard something about a party after Jungkook agreed to something the other CEO was telling him about.

After the agreement, Jungkook stood up and buttoned his suit. "Okay, see you this Friday night." Jungkook said and bowed politely to the other man. Then he turned around and looked at me, he noticed that I stood behind him during his small meeting and he glanced at his watch, and asked "Can your legs still walk?"

I was wearing heals and honestly it was painful to stand at one spot for so long, but I shook my head. "Okay, then let's go." Then he started to walk towards the door. I held the pain in as I walked all the way back to the car.

I felt relieved when I finally get to sit down. I bent over and massage my legs, and Jungkook noticed it. "Why did you lie?" "What?" Jungkook titled his head and pointed at my legs, "Those." Then he pointed at my heels. "Take them off."

The driver started driving the opposite way, away from our company, and the driver also talked to someone on the phone, saying something like "Clear...15 minutes..." I couldn't hear clearly. I didn't dare to ask Jungkook because he had a serious face on after he whispered something to the driver.

15 minutes later, we reached the entrance of a mall. I saw one of the security coming up to my door, holding a pair of sneakers. He opened the door and he bend down, the sneakers still in his hands. Jungkook stood beside him and looked at me, "Legs." He said, I reach out my leg and the security helped me put the sneaker on.

I got out of the car and I was curious what are we doing here. "Why are we here?" I asked catching up to Jungkook who was heading towards the entrance. "You're going to be my partner for the party this Friday, so we have to get you something fancy." I widen my eyes at what he just said, "What?"