Be strong, Lauren (32)

NOTE: For a better reading, listen to the song "Make You Love Me" by Us The Duo on repeat. 

-----

"Baby, I don't want to go without you, why can't I go along?" Camila asked, and I chuckled.

"Mani's crying and she hates to be seen crying. Dinah will take you home, I'll stop by later, okay?" Camila took a deep breath and pouted. "Don't pout, baby... I-I'll come back to you, okay?" I said more to myself than to her. "I'll see you later." I kissed her forehead and hugged her tight.

"Call me if you need anything, okay?" I nodded my head and she smiled broadly at me. "I'll see you later, beautiful. Give Mani a kiss for me." She said, and I smiled, winking at her.

I got into my car and started it. I was heading home first to change clothes and then I was going to meet Dana and kill her so she could never hurt my girlfriend. I didn't understand why she hadn't killed Camila yesterday afternoon, when she had no protection nor anyone with her. Dana could very well have killed her and run away, like we all did in these situations.

I was halfway home and I was trying to take deep breaths. I was going to face Dana alone. Dinah was going to tell Camila that she was leaving but she was going to hide in the entrance of the building in case someone unknown tried to make a move and hurt Camila. But if I knew my friend as well as I knew I did, I was sure she was going to ask Camila if she could stay with her. And it would be better that way.

I parked my car and got out quickly, heading straight to the elevator. After a few seconds that seemed more like minutes, the heavy doors opened on my floor, and I grabbed my keys and opened my door, walking into my apartment. I was startled when I came across Normani sitting on the floor with a bunch of papers.

"What's gotten into you?"

"Dana is a hitwoman, I'm sure of it now."

"No shit!" I said as I took off my clothes, throwing them on the floor. Normani got up and started following me. "She told me in person. I'm going to meet her on the beach and I'm going to kill that bitch."

"Lauren, this can be a trap!" Mani said nervously, and I rolled my eyes as I opened my closet. "Steve or anyone else can be there, they're ambitious and they'll do anything to kill you! Just put an end to this and kill your little girlfriend. Finish this once and for all!"

"GODDAMMIT, NORMANI! YOU STILL DON'T GET IT, DO YOU? I'M CRAZY ABOUT CAMILA, CRAZY! TOTALLY AND COMPLETELY CRAZY ABOUT THAT WOMAN!" I shouted, gripping the holster of my knife that was going around my calf. "No one's going to lay a fucking finger on Camila!" I said through clenched teeth as I grabbed a white shirt with a slight V neck. Then I picked up a pair of pants that wouldn't mark my leg and wouldn't show my knife, and finally I grabbed one of my black leather jackets and faced my friend.

"You're going to throw everything away because of her?"

"I don't have anything to lose."

"Your life..."

"She's my life, Normani. I don't have a family, I don't have a home, I don't have anything... I only have her."

"You have Dinah and me!" She said, letting her tears stream down her face.

"It's not the same thing, Mani." I said with a sigh. "You're my sisters... She's the love of my life."

"You said you didn't have a family!"