A dream

Emma slowly opened her eyes. She noticed she's still in the hospital. She looked around and saw Regina led in the bed still in a coma. "It was a dream... no. No Regina wake up" she says standing up. She went over to the bed and grabbed Regina's shoulders. She started shaking them and said "wake up. Wake up... please" the last part she was crying at. Her dream was so real she believed Regina woke up but she did. Emma just rested her head on Regina's chest and let a tear out.

She stood up straight. The argument they had before getting divorced played in her head. All the selfish things she said to Regina. Emma held her head and shut her eyes. "Stop it" she says crying. Cora came in with the kids so they could see Regina early before going for ice cream. Cora noticed Emma and ran over to her. She grabbed her hands and pulled them down from her head. "Emma look at me" she says trying to get her to calm down.

Emma opened her eyes and said "I can't handle this anymore. I need her" tears started streaming down her face. Cora put both hands on Emma's cheeks and said "we all need her. Just stay calm ok" Emma took a few deep breaths and looked at her. "I'm loosing it Cora. I'm going crazy and I don't know how to stop it. One of mine and Regina's arguments won't stop playing in my head" she says calmly but still letting tears after tears out.

"You need to go home. Get a good night sleep and not come here tomorrow" she says softly. Emma frowned and said "how's that going to help. Regina needs me" Cora kissed her head and said "trust me. Go home" Emma looked at Regina and the kids on the chair next to her. She looked back at Cora and nodded. Cora moved back as Emma goes over to Regina. "I love you. Please wake up... I need you" she says softly. She kissed her head and walked around the bed. She kissed all the kids goodbye and left.

She hasn't slept at her house for 4 months now. She either stayed at Coras or the hospital. Mostly the hospital. Emma went into the house. She walked upstairs. In the mirror at the top of the stairs she saw herself. She had red dry eyes with bags under them. She looked miserable as well. She went to her room and got into bed. The pillow on Regina's side she grabbed and hugged it. One tear ran down her cheek and she whispered "Regina... what have I became"

Emma knew her kids needed her and she has been trying so hard to be there for them. She is starting to give up on Regina now. She's decided to focus on raising her kids instead of waiting for Regina to wake up when she is never waking up. Emma sat up and called Cora. "Hey em you ok" she says answering. Emma smiled and said "yeah I'm fine. Where are you I'm coming to pick up the kids and take them for ice cream" Cora smiled and said "just leaving the hospital. I'll drop them of at yours"

Emma smiled brighter and said "thanks" Cora nodded and said "I'm glad your thinking about them more now. Emma you know they need you more than ever" Emma smiled and hung up. She changed into some jeans and a black vest top. She put her red leather jacket on. The front door knocked. She went downstairs and opened it. Emma smiled and said "you guys ready to go get some ice cream" they all smiled and nodded. Emma grabbed her keys and the bush chair. It was a double push chair for Chris and hope.

She put them into the pushchair and held Henrys hand. Cora went and got into her car. Emma walked down to the ice cream shop. "So what flavours do you want? I think Henrys going to have rocky road because it's his favourite" she says near the shop. Henry smiled and said "yeah" Emma giggled and said "and how about you two little ones. Strawberry for hope and chocolate for Chris" they giggled and both said "yeah" Emma smiled and they went into the ice cream shop. They went over to the woman at the counter.

"Here's the happy family I've missed. How you doing Emma" she asked smiling. Emma smiled and said "ok I guess. What about you Ingrid" the woman smiled and said "not to bad. What can I get you all" Emma looked at Henry and he said "can I have a rocky road please" Ingrid smiled and giggled a little. "Yes you can little man. What about you two cuties" she says looking over the counter down at the two in the push chair. Chris went shy and looked down. Hope smiled and said "strawberry"

Emma laughed and said "Chris don't be shy it's just Ingrid. He'll have chocolate" Ingrid smiled and made there ice creams. She gave them to the kids and said "what about you Emma" the blonde shook her head and said "none for me thanks. How much is all of this" Ingrid smiled and said "it's on the house. I'm just glad you guys are getting back to normal" Emma smiled softly at her. "Thanks. It's never going to be completely normal until she's awake though" she says still with a soft smile. They left the ice cream shop.

"Alright let's go to the park and you can eat your ice cream" she says smiling. They went to the park and sat down on the bench. Once the kids ate the ice cream Emma let them play. She took the younger two to the swings. While pushing both of them she remembered one time when she was here with Regina. Henry was 1 and it was the such a good day. Emma really missed that these last few years. Now she knew how Regina must have felt when she was at war.