Meet Lylac

I, Lylac Violet Bellator Harris, am an 18 year old warrior with one dream, to join the Zaffre Ryders. They were an elite group that flew dragons and some even had special powers. I wish I had special powers. Mine would be that I could shoot water out of my fingers. Many people feared them, but not me, I loved them and whenever they were in a village close by, I could see them fly down and sweep through the crowd.

Anually, the Zaffre Ryders would chose one partner from each major city to train them up(most of them never made it passed the first month and died)  this year they were coming for my city, SliverRiver. I'm soo excited! I'm literally bouncing off the walls! This was no ordinary chosing though, oh no. This year they had agreed that I could be tested, eventhough I think that this was stupid because girls had to work harder than the boys if they were going to be the best but I was just too happy to care at the moment.

Early on the morning of the chosing, I woke up at 6:00, hopped out of bed then gathered my hunting clothes before taking a very quick shower. I was out in two minutes, dried off my hair and then changed into my favourite, soft bra and panties then put my black tank top and black, bullet-proof leggings. Over the top of that I put on my black, camo jacket(it was my favourite one) and then slipped my feet into some knee-length, black riding boots. I left the house, but not after I had eaten a rasher of bacon that I stole from my twin brother.

I tanderly stroked the muzzle of my wolf, Bullet, before going to grab my horse, Arsenal. "Hows my little Nala?" I asked in a baby voice to my horse.

"I'm fine, how are you?" A voice behind me made me jumped but all I saw was my best friend from the troops, Mamba. He had been there for me when I first started my training as I was the only girl in the troops ever. But soon they all got angry at me because I was better than them all combined and then Mamba stood up for me. To this day no-one has ever picked on me. "One of these days I will be suprised when that horse actually answers back." He said whilst bending over in fits of laughter.

"Very funny." I rolled my eyes, "Want to come for a hunt? I'm going in the woods for a small doe." I asked, hoping that he would say yes.

"Sorry Rebel," The was his nickname for me and I think that it was quite fitting. "But I have to prepare for the chosing. Hey, I have no doubt that you'll get in so that's fine. See ya later!" He shouted as he walked down the long stable driveway.