The Hunt

With Arsenal gracefully galloping through the trees and Bullet by his side, I felt safe. Secure. Suddenly through the trees, I could see a lone doe grazing quietly. I reined in Arsenal and raised my hand to stop Bullet. Quietly, ever so quietly, I snuck up behind the closest tree to the doe and then removed an arrow from my quiver, unstrapped my bow, aimed and let lose.

It was a quick death so I would have enough time to get my body washed before the chosing test. Arsenal carried the barley bloodied doe on his back whilst I walked beside him with Bullet by my feet. I only took him out on hunts because if I got attacked I wouldn't have to waste any arrows.

Back when I was little, my father used to take me out into the open fields on his red stallion and practise my arrow skills. He always wanted me to turn out like him as I was his only daughter.

Once I got home, my brother(Arcum) ruffled my long, hazel brown hair and congratulated me then went outside to sort the dead animal out. At least my family wasn't going hungry anytime soon.

"I'm going to take another shower!" I shouted to my mum as I went up into my room.

"Okay but don't be too long. The chosing starts in an hour!" Oh my mum, always punctual. If it were up to me, I would be six foot under.

Once I had gotten out of the shower, I dressed in my bullet-proof armor, which consisted of: long-sleeved, black top with extra knives hidden up the sleeves | black, that had two cyan blue stripes down the sides of the arms, jacket with a hidden holster for a Glock-17 and had extra bullets in the inside pockets | black, that had two cyan blue stripes down the sides of the legs, leggings(pretty much as before) | my black knee-length boots with a hidden knife in the end of each toe.

Now I know what you might be thinking, Why so many weapons? Isn't the chosing supposed to be a civilised ceremony? Well no, it's not. You see to get in the Zaffre Ryders, you have to complete a series of tests to see if you're fit enough.

I went downstairs to see my twin bro in the same outfit as me, so that you could tell who we were. Then we made our way down to the meeting sight for competitors.