CHAPTER 1: Family

DEUCE

         I just got done with a fight and am heading down the hallway towards the locker rooms to get cleaned up and dressed before heading out and after I get in there, take a shower and begin getting dressed, I see my VP and best friend Frank, come walking in the room and stands by the door.

          "Man, another good fight bro." Frank tells me.

          "Thanks." I tell him.

          "You ready to go celebrate?" He asks me.

          "Hell yeah." I tell him as I put on my hoodie and grab my gym bag then begin heading out to our bikes.

         We stopped by the clubhouse real fast to drop off my gym bag and then to start heading out to one of our favorite bars.

         It was the same as always of course. Go out, drink, hookup with one of the clubhouse sluts and do it again the next day.

*****************************************

         When I woke up the next morning, I got dressed and ready for the day and had been waiting on a call from my brother. Him and his wife were gonna come out with my niece, Paige for a week tomorrow and I kept checking my phone all morning and all yesterday too. However, him nor his wife ever called or texted. So I decided to text him.

        While waiting for his response, Frank and I were sitting down in the office, having a meeting with the guys when Frank's phone goes off.

         "Come on man." I told him.

         "Sorry, it's Angela." He tells me.

         "Why is your old lady calling you? She never does that during a meeting?" I tell him.

          "I know. It must be important." He replies.

          "Alright. Go ahead and answer it then." I tell him.

          Man, he is so damn whipped. Which is one of the many many reasons why I don't do that whole relationship shit. No woman can ever have a hold on me like that. Well, other than Paige. My niece is so cute, I love her as if she was my own. She has me wrapped around her little finger.

         We all wait for Frank to get off his phone though while talking to her, I notice a look on his face of sadness and he slowly runs one of his hands through his hair and then hangs up the phone.

         "Is everything okay?" I ask him.

         "Uh...." He begins and then clears his throat as I can tell he is trying hard not to cry and get all choked up. "It's about your brother."

         "What about him?" I ask worried.

         "Yesterday, him and his wife were in a car accident."

         My heart sank to the bottom of my stomach. Suddenly my entire world stopped in that moment and it was like I paused everything and didn't want to press play.

         "Was Paige..." I began but got choked up and tried hard to hold back tears.

         "No. She was staying at a friend's house." He assures me.

         The atmosphere in the room was dead silent. All the guys looked as though they were all about to break down and cry.

         "The funeral is in a couple of days." He tells me.

         I nod my head in agreement and then get up without saying anything and just go into my room with a bottle of Jack Daniels and well, you know the rest.

*****************************************

          I packed up a bag and then headed out towards Illinois where they lived and stay there a while until I can figure out what to do with Paige. As far as if I should bring her back with me or if I should stay there and let her stay with her friends and everything or not.

         It's been almost a year since I have seen Paige and we talk almost everyday. So it will be good to hug her and see her.

        I was excited but also nervous a little bit too.

       I'm glad that Paige's teacher was there for her. I heard she got a new teacher a few months ago and absolutely loves her.

       I can already picture her teacher being this librarian looking woman with glasses and hair always tied up in a bun. Not that that's a bad thing. Just, I had a teacher that I liked at Paige's age that looked like that.

        So anyways, I am heading down right now and it normally takes a day to get there if I stay the night and stop a lot. Which I only plan to stop for gas and coffee if needed. Cause my adrenaline is pumping so much right now that I need to just ride. Meanwhile, Frank and his old lady are gonna be joining me as them and a few others are coming out tomorrow.

         Which I'm glad they are going cause my brother was like theirs too. We're all family.

          I wonder what happened though. I'm sure he wasn't speeding. Or at least I hope not.

          I'm not sure and I will worry about finding out the details later but for now, I'm just going to try and get to Paige. I must protect her and make sure to keep her safe.

         The thought has crossed my mind of some foul play with them dying. Though it isn't uncommon that car accidents have been the causes of deaths, I just always have assumed things being in relation to one of my enemies as the reason deaths happen or anything bad happening to anybody I know and love.

        After all, I'm not the President of my club for no reason.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)