CHAPTER 8: My New Home?

BROOKE

         I was supposed to have been going out with Carissa tonight but she had to stay home and take care of her son who had the flu. Her husband was working a double shift and she couldn't find a babysitter at the last minute.

       It sucked but I understood and I have been wanting to see a movie that had just come out, so I thought I would still go. Carissa was only going to see it anyways cause I wanted to.

        So I went to the movies and chose the top row. It was one of my favorite places to sit.

        I was texting Carissa to see how she was and how everything was going. It turns out that she had to take her son to the Emergency Room.

         I had texted her back before the movie started to see if rather or not she wanted me to meet her at the hospital and help but she said no. So I stayed and watched the movie. Which it was good.

         Afterwards, I went home and the minute I got out of my car and walked closer towards the front door, I stopped half way as I noticed that the door looked to have been busted from someone breaking in.

        Suddenly I got that terrified and sick feeling the lit of my stomach. I really hope that this was from some stupid teenager or something. However, I didn't want to go in by myself so I called Angela and asked her if both Frank and her could come and check the place for me.

         Half an hour later, both Angela and Frank are pulling up to my house, quickly getting out and Frank goes in with a gun while Angela stays outside with me until he says it's clear.

          "It's okay. I'm sure this was from a bunch of stupid teenagers. Or maybe it's one of the kids in your class that didn't like the grade you gave them." Angela teases with the last part.

          I laugh a little bit. "Yeah. Hopefully."

         "Don't think about it being him. Remember, he doesn't know where you are and he never will." She assures me as she knows all about what happened between me and Drake.

          "Thanks." I tell her.

          "Alright ladies. It looks like the place os good. Nothing looks like it's been stolen, just a few things tossed and broken." Frank says as he walks outside towards us.

          "Okay, well thank you so much." I tell them both while giving them hugs. "I'll see you guys later."

          "Oh uh-uh. You are staying with us. There is plenty of room back at the house and I am not leaving you here by yourself in case the next time you're home, they kill you." Angela insists.

           "I appreciate the offer but I don't think that's a very good idea." I tell her.

          "Why, cause of Deuce?" She asks.

          "Don't worry about him. Seriously, just think about how happy it would make Paige." Frank tells me.

        "Fine. I will stay there then. But not for a long time." I tell her.

        "Fine. Now go grab some things and we will come back later to clean up." She suggests.

         "Okay. I'll be right back then." I tell them and head upstairs to grab a few things.

*****************************************

         Once we get to the house we walk inside and as soon as I walk in, Paige runs up to me excited and gives me a big hug.

         "Brooke!" She says excitedly.

         "Hi sweetie." I tell her while hugging her back.

         "What are you doing here?" She asks me.

         "Well...." I began but stopped when we heard Deuce calling out for Paige.

          "Paige, you need to get ready for bed." He calls out and stops and looks at me. "What are you doing here?"

          "Her house got broken into." Angela answers.

          "What?!" Both Paige and Deuce say in unison.

          "All you need to know is she's okay and she's gonna be staying in the spare bedroom." Angela says.

         "Yay!!" Paige yells in excitement.

         I smiled at Paige and then looked at Deuce, waiting for him to object but he surprised me.

         "Sure." He says.

         We all look at him surprised.

         "Thank you." I tell him.

         "Yeah." He replies with half a smile. Then he looks at Paige and holds out his hand, "Come on Munchkin, it's time for you to get ready for bed."

         "Okay." Paige says, grabbing his hand.

         "Say goodnight." He tells her.

         We all say goodnight to her and I personally am really tired. So I have them help set my bags down in the spare bedroom that I'll be staying in. Then we say goodnight and I don't worry about unpacking until tomorrow.

         Though before going to sleep, I start wondering if this is gonna be awkward, staying here or not.

         I especially hope that Deuce can at least keep his cool while I'm here. Which he showed a little hope when he had agreed to me staying here.

         I guess we will find out. But what I'm really worried about is who broke into my house. I have a gut feeling it wasn't teenagers. It was someone else.

         I don't plan to stay here very long neither. Cause if it is who I think it is, then I have to deal with it. Before I put everyone in danger.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)