Unexpected

Ania's P.O.V~

Two weeks has passed after that night..till now I couldn't wipe off my smile but something was missing..two weeks has passed and I didn't hear anything from him..

I had asked my parents and they said maybe he was busy and I know something was wrong with their voices..

Like they're hiding something from me..

But then I couldn't force them to speak up..

I'm currently sitting to my hospital bed..yes hospital bed..the doctor said anytime from now I could undergo to my surgery and both my parents are here..and plus my birthday is tomorrow..

I sighed deeply"mom..did Ethan called or leave a message?"I asked to my mother

"Yes.. Ethan said he'll call you later.."my mom spoke and felt her hand stroking my hair..

"Really?why did you just tell me now?"I asked and pout

"It supposed to be a surprise but you look so bored Hun.."I heard my father spoke and after that we heard someone's phone rung..

"Oh it's Ethan.."my mom said..and then she give me her phone.."I answered it already..me and your father will get some snacks okay?"she said and I felt them leave my room..

"Ethan?"I called out his attention

"H.. hey.."I heard him spoke but he sounds so weak and sad..

"Are you okay?"I asked worriedly..what is really happening?

"Yes..yes I am.. I'm just tired Ania..how are you?"he asked forcing his self to sounds cheery..

"Here in the hospital.. I'm so excited for my surgery..Ethan when my surgery is successful I want to see you beside me.."I said to him..both nervous and giddy..

"Really?"he asked but he sounds really sad

"Yes Ethan..can you come here?and don't be so sad..it looks like you're not happy for me.."I said letting him know my thoughts..

"I.. I'll try.. anyways..I..I have to go.."he said and his voice is getting fainter and fainter

"It seems you really have to rest..you sounds so tired..you should rest now.."I said while smiling

"R..really?a..are you sure?"he asked and sounds so unsure..

"Of course!go and rest.. I'll wait for you.."I told him

"O..okay..I..I love you so much Ania..so much.."he said to me through the line"Ethan?I want to tell you something..Ethan I---"but then I heard the line was cut..dang..I didn't have the chance to said to him again..

I hope he's okay though..
I heard the door open and closed"hey honey.."I heard mom spoke..

"Hey mom.."I smiled..

"Done talking?"she asked..

"Yes mom.."I answered"what time is it?"I asked

"Around midnight dear.."she said and she kissed my head.."where's dad?"I asked

"Over here pumpkin.."my dad said besides me..I smiled widely

"Mom..dad..I want to see Ethan when my surgery is done.."I blurted out..

I felt the atmosphere become heavy and it confuses me..

"Sure dear.."I heard my mom spoke but she sounds unsure and just after that I heard a knock and the opening of the door and closing of it

"Mr and Mrs Smith.. the surgery will be held anytime soon..make sure she's ready.."the doctor said

"Okay doc..we will.."my father spoke and I smiled widely