~ ë ~

Almost immediately after talking to Draco, Harry arranged a meeting with his mind healer for the next morning.

The healer had a fairly large office, with huge bookshelves lining the walls, probably full of books he had never even touched. Harry stared at them and decided that maybe they had all been gifts or maybe he had bought them to look like he was worldly or something. Harry wasn't sure, but when Healer Grant cleared his throat, he thought it was highly unlikely and decided to ask.

"Have you read all of those books?" He asked and Grant shook his head with a smile.

"Not all of them, but a nice a few of them, I think." He pointed at the wall in the back of the room and directed his hand to wave lazily. "All the ones on the back wall, but I haven't quite got past those."

Harry nodded then opened his mouth to say something in response before snapping it shut again. The healer tilted his head.

"I asked if you were feeling nervous about sending your son off to Hogwarts this morning?"

"No, I trust Jamesie," Harry says absently.

"You just seem a bit out of it. Would you like to tell me why?"

"Not particularly, but I guess that's the whole point of being here. I'm not good at talking about...well anything really."

"I think you talk perfectly fine. If you want to really talk- or not talk- that's what I'm here for," Healer Grant said calmly.

Harry nodded before shrugging and picking at a loose strand on his jeans.

"Well- er- I carried James. I think I've mentioned that before...but his father is back and he's been helping take care of him for a few years and I want to be with him, but he won't make that step. I mean, we're friends now, which I guess is a good thing, but I want more. He's coming with me to see the boys off, but I want more than that." His hands pause though he is still looking down. "Is it wrong of me to want more than that?"

Healer Grant shook his head. He and Harry had been talking about wants for the last few meetings. Harry wasn't used to going for what he wanted. He was used to doing what was best for other people. Doing what they wanted.

"It's not wrong for you to want things, Harry. It'd be wrong of you to ignore the things you want." He stopped talking until the ravenette looked up at him. "That doesn't mean they have to want you back."

--:--

Draco had been at King's Cross almost an entire hour earlier than necessary. He wasn't supposed to apparate for at least another week which meant he had to floo the ministry before 9 in the bloody morning to organize a portkey that landed near the station. Then it took another hour for them to check his records and approve the trip. By the time he landed around the corner from the station and made his way through the crowds towards the proper platform, Harry was just apparating in with the boys.

"What would have happened if they missed the train?" He asked once they were all walking towards platform 9 3/4 as a family.

"The Hogwarts Express doesn't leave until 11," Harry said keeping his voice steady.

"It's 10:34, Potter."

"Oh, really," the darker man said staring at him challengingly before stomping off, an excited James Lucius following him. "Then we're early."

"Don't mind him," Teddy said, placing a hand on Draco's forearm. "His appointment with the mind healer didn't go the way he wanted it to. I heard him telling Aunt Hermione about it before we headed over."

"I didn't even know he was seeing a mind healer."

"He's only been going for about a week." Teddy shrugged with a chuckle before raising his voice loud enough for Harry to hear, marching steadily ahead of them. "Maybe he'll figure out why he's always so late!"

"Oi," the ravenette said turning back with a pointed finger at the second year hufflepuff. "Then you should be ahead of me, yeah? There's the platform. Get!"

With every ounce of the theatrics he could muster up, Teddy stuck his tongue out, bowed then grabbed his buggy and took off through the brick archway with a charming grin. Once he was gone both men looked to the hazel-eyed boy who gulped.

"Hey, Dads..." the boy starts, before the rest becomes unintelligible. He spoke in voice so quiet the men were tempted to cast a muffliato on the rest of the crowd in the station.

"You're mumbling, James Lucius," Draco said firmly and the boy straightened his back before repeating himself a little louder, though still quite tame to his usual volume.

"Will you guys cross with me?"

Without another word, they each stepped up to their son's side, grabbed a hold of his luggage buggy then on the count of three, rushed at the wall between platforms 9 and 10. As the wall came closer and closer, James squeezed his eyes shut and bit down on his lip to keep himself from screaming until he felt the somewhat familiar whoosh of magic similar to whenever he'd go to his father's house. His eyes popped open and he froze. Last year when Teddy headed off to Hogwarts, James was at home with Val trying not to completely break down and now he realized why.

He looked around the large platform in awe. Although it seemed like it would be such a small space in theory, the room stretched on forever. The ceilings were large and curved and the smoke billowing from the train sent shivers down his spine. He spun around with a proud grin to see both of his father's smiling down at him for only a moment before they were ambushed by preteens and other Hogwarts students asking for their autographs.

"It was easier last year," Teddy said quietly showing up beside him. "Just Dad was here, ya know? And he wasn't in a very doting fan type of mood."

"How'd you handle it?" James Lucius asked, gazing longingly at his fathers and the attention they seemed born for.

"C'mon, I'll show you. It's quarter til." The older boy grabbed his brother's wrist and some of his luggage and helped him stuff it onto the train.

-&-

hey futher muckers

sorry if this is rushed...feels kinda rushed to me, so im sorry

but if you guys enjoy please lemme know
i love hearing feedback tbh

hope you guys enjoyed
love y'all

-- angel janeé xoxo 💋