chapter three

After quite a while of feeling sorry for myself and wishing I'd just wake up to this being a horrible, horrible nightmare, I got up off the floor, wiped my face and took a deep breath.

The room was average-looking. Plain, white walls, king-sized bed in the corner, television sitting on a tall six-drawer dresser, two nightstands on each side of the bed, one with a lamp and drawers, the other, just a tabletop. There was a closet, the door cracked, it seemed a pretty decent sized and another door across from that, probably leading to the bathroom.

I decide it best to check out my surroundings. I go over to the nightstand with the lamp on it and ruffle through the drawer. Condoms, useless papers, pens and pencils, a pack of gum, and a picture. I pick up the picture, but quickly throw it back down and shut the drawer- someone was coming.

"Being nosy, are we?"

I can't help the smile forming on my lips, as I run over and tackle her with a hug.

"Oh god, Blakely I'm glad you're okay," Sarah says, hugging me back. She pulls back and looks me over, "I'm sorry this has happened to you again, I know how much you hated it, but hey, it really is a lot better now."

I bit my tongue, I wouldn't fight with any of the girls this time, I needed allies not enemies. "Yeah," was my curt reply.
____

"The girls are in the second livingroom, that's where we stay when we're not in our rooms or with the guys. I don't know if Rouge gave you a tour or not," Sarah says, leading me down the stairs and to the set of double doors that I saw before.

She opened one of the doors and went in. It was covered in pale pink wallpaper, and a brown leather couch with two matching recliners sat in the middle of the room with a small coffee table between them. No windows, of course, and only a small bathroom- just the toilet and sink. A medium sized television hung on the wall, much to my surprise, and there was a bookshelf placed just opposite of the bathroom piled with books.

Only Kenzie and Sadie were in the room; they got up, ran over, and took turns hugging me.

"Under different circumstances, I'd say it's good to see you again," Kenzie says, giving me a sad smile.

"I know we didn't really get along last time, but I'm glad you're okay, Blakely," Sadie says, hugging me again. "I hope this time, it can be different."

I remembered the fight we had the last time we were together back when River died when she had suggested this was a 'luxury' kidnapping. "Yeah, I'm sure we both said things we didn't mean," I say, I don't agree with her 'this time, it can be different' statement because I'm still going to get out of here. I'm not going to just accept it like these girls have, I won't give up hope.

"Anyways, on a different note, where's Tinleigh?" I ask, hoping to change to mood.

All three girls' faces change. Kenzie looks at Sarah before speaking, "Airion keeps a tight leash on her ever since the accident."

"What accident?"

"Rouge didn't say?" Sarah answers this time, "Well, Tinleigh went crazy a few weeks after you got free and tried to kill herself in the bathtub. Airion found her with her wrists slit, like vertically. I'm talking seriously deep cuts. It was horrifying. Luckily, Mr. Karr's wife was here to stitch her up or she would've bled to death."

I cover my mouth with my hand, "oh my god."

"Yeah, now we only see her when Airion let's her down, which isn't very often."

Suddenly, the doors are opened and Rouge and Ace infest the doorway.

"Did you ask permission to leave the bedroom?" Rouge asks, raising his eyebrow and crossing his arms.

"I'm sorry Rouge, I went and-" Sarah started, but Ace raised his hand and silenced her.

"Did you, Blakely, ask my permission?" he rephrased.

"I did not," I spat back at him.

"Yet the left the room anyway?"

"Look at you, putting two and two together," I say, my blood boiling. I see Sarah's mouth agape with surprise.

He chuckles, "Are you seriously being a smart ass? On your first night?"

"I'd rather be a smart ass than a dumb ass," I retort.

"It seems you're both," he lunges forward and grabs my forearm. I try to push him off, but his grip is ironclad. "Didn't we establish the rules the first time you were here?"

"Didn't we establish I don't give a crap about your rules," I say, knowing I'm pushing my luck.

"Well see about that," he smirks, pulling me from the room and towards the stairs.
____

A/N: well well well, stubborn, never-knowing-when-to-shutup Blakely is back! Rouge has changed, though, and maybe this time around he won't be so forgiving. You'll just have to read to find out!