chapter five

The door swings open, tearing our attention away from the movie about talking bees.

"Mr. Karr is arriving shortly, you've all been told to go freshen up," Rouge says, dismissing the girls. I try to walk past him as well, but he grabs my arm. "Let me help you with your bandages," he says then walks me up the stairs and towards the room.

"I can do it myself," I say when he finally releases my arm. He doesn't reply, just walks into the bathroom, expecting me to follow. Hesitantly, I do and find him running a bath.

The bathroom is larger than I expected; a stand up shower and countertop with two sinks on one side, a medium-sized bathtub, toilet, and small closet door on the other. A large mirror covers the wall above the sinks and I see my pale reflection for the first time since I arrived. A green bruise paints my left cheekbone and my lips are dry and chapped; my hair is tangled into a mess, making the length seem several inches shorter than normal. Instinctively, I try to unknot it with my fingers.

"I'll get you a toothbrush and hairbrush while you're bathing, come here," he stands up from sitting on the edge of the tub, the water still running. I turn away from him and the dirty, broken girl in the mirror and try to take off my shirt, I don't get very far as I wince. "Don't be stubborn, let me help you."

He pulls the shirt expertly over my head as I cover my black bra with my arms. "It's nothing I haven't seen before, turn around." Defeated, I turn and hold my breath as he unwraps the bandage from my lacerated skin. "See, they're not that bad," he says, making me turn my head to look in the mirror. Several red lashes cross my back, they're not deep, but they cut into my skin like scabs. "Probably won't even scar," he comments.

I hold back my slick remark and stay silent. He reaches over and turns off the water, the tub is over halfway full and the mirror is slowly fogging up.

"I'll go get you some hair and body wash, get in," he states before leaving the bathroom, keeping the door open a crack. I start to shut it, but there's no lock so I don't really see the point and instead strip out of my shorts and panties and dip a foot into the water. It's a bit too hot, but I slowly emerge myself anyway, the water lapping at my wounds harshly. The stinging subsides, but I don't lie back I just stay sitting up. The water reaches the bottom of my breasts, and I pull my knees up to my chest to cover myself.

"Here," Rouge says when he returns with his hands full. He places a pink toothbrush next to the green one in a cup between the sinks and puts a wide hairbrush and three bottles of soap on the edge of the bathtub. Still covering myself, I pick up the one marked 'bodywash'.

"Can I have a washcloth?" I ask, squirting the blue, cotton candy scented liquid into my palm. He opens the closet door, revealing an arrangement of towels and washcloths and extra toilet paper placed neatly on each designated shelf. He pulls out a tan washcloth, tossing it towards me. I submerge it in the water then switch the soap from my palm to the rag, lathering it up. "Can I be alone?"

"No," he says curtly, "hurry up." I nearly scoff, but instead I just quickly wash off ignoring the blush that colors my face as I clean my entire body before grabbing the shampoo and then the conditioner and brush through my tangles until my hair is clean and smooth.

"Do you need a razor?" he asks, much to my surprise. Tinleigh pops into my head, but I shake that thought away, I was too much of a coward to do something that severe anyway. Until you're pushed too far, a voice in my head says.

I nod and Rouge once again leaves the room, only to return with a small razor. "Shave and then give it back."

Awkwardly, due to him still in the room, I shave my body, trying to hide myself as much as possible then hand him back the razor. He hands me a towel from the closet before he disappears from the room, I take advantage of the privacy and get out of the bath to dry my body and hair off, wrapping the now damp towel around my body.

I quickly brush through my hair again and then pick up the toothbrush, brushing my teeth longer than I usually would since it's been two days. I replace the toothbrush and let the water out of the bath before peeking my head out of the bathroom.

"I have you some clothes," Rouge says when he sees me. Tightening the towel around me, flashbacks of him assaulting my body ring in my head, but regardless I have to go over to him to get the clothes. "I put you some underwear and bras in the first dresser drawer and you have some sweatpants and shirts hanging up in the closet." He says although he hands me a pile of clothes, "Let me rebandage your back."

He turns me away from him and pulls the towel down, but not completely off, he let's me keep my butt covered. He applies the pink ointment from before then takes the bandage and wraps me up. I pull the towel back up when he's finished and turn around, "Get dressed then come downstairs."

I wait until he leaves the room and closes the door to remove my towel. I unfold the clothes and throw on the pink panties and matching bra, perfectly my size, then the loose white t-shirt and pair of leggings, a pair of socks were provided, too; I slip them on. I towel-dry my hair one more time and let it fall in loose curls down my back.

I leave the room just as Sadie is leaving the room next to mine, the one closest to the punishment room; we walk down the stairs together and into the livingroom.

"And here's Sadie and Blakely," Brydon says, the attention now on us.

"Hi," Sadie says politely, nodding at the man and woman sitting on the couch. I recognize the handsome, white-haired man as Mr. Karr, who I met a couple times before I had gotten away. The woman, possibly in her late thirties, seemed familiar, but I know she wasn't with Mr. Karr when I had seen him either times. She kept her eyes trained to her lap, not moving even when Mr. Karr placed a hand on her thigh.

"Blakely," he spoke, "so nice to see you again." At the mention of my name, the woman looked up, staring at me, obvious confusion on her face.

"I wish I could say the same," I said under my breath, switching my weight to one leg.

"Did you say 'Blakely'?" the woman whispered to her husband, she didn't take her eyes off of me. Am I supposed to know her?

"Yes, Zoe. Don't inter-"

"Zoe? Zoe Evans?" I stutter, disbelief ran through me, this isn't happening, there's no way.

"Oh my god," she whispers again this time covering her mouth with her hand as tears build in her eyes.

"M-mom?"
____

A/N okay guys, hands up, who saw it coming? lol no, but seriously WHAT A SUPRISE, am I right? anyways I realize how short my chapters are so I'm going to start putting in more work to make them longer and better.

also, I think I'm gonna put Kellan Lutz as the cast of Rouge, what do you think? Is he too hot or just right? and I kind of want to change the cast of the girl's, I'm not feeling them anymore tbh, do you guys think I should? What are your thoughts? ♡-alexis