Chapter 6

Dahlias P.O.V

I wake up, secured in someone's arms and I won't lie I'm terrified. Who is holding me and why does it feel so right? Turning slowly, I realize that the protective arms belong to, none other than Gwen.

She looks so angelic while she sleeps. It's as if nothing can hurt her but at the same time she seemed so fragile, as if she was still trying to piece herself back together. From what? I'm not sure. I found myself stroking her soft skin being careful not to brush too roughly not because of the fear I her waking, but that I would break her.

I snuggle myself closer to her, never wanting this moment to end, but of course all good thing have to come to an end.

Her alarm goes off, jolting her out of her peaceful trance.

She untangles herself from me and slams her hand down on her clock.

"I don't want to get up" she whines, her voice muffled by her pillow.

I can't help but laugh, causing her to turn her face to playfully glare at me. Our eyes lock and we stare are each other for what feels like forever. I find myself wanting to pounce on her and eliminate the space between us, but I hold my urge at bay.

Finally she gets up, letting her hand run through her curly, dirty blond hair. She walks to her bathroom to take a quick shower.

I just sit here in her bed, not sure what to do. I'm sure that I have a few clothes over here that I could wear, but I just don't want to move. I just look at her room. It's pretty bare. Her bed is in the center of her room up against a wall. Her walls are powder purple with a picture or two hanging. She has her flat screen directly in front of her bed, on top of a stand that holds her Xbox One (I never thought she'd be that much of a gamer). To the left of her bed is her computer desk that only has her laptop and a few loose papers sitting on it. To the right is her closet and right next to her bed was her bathroom door. It was pretty dull but extremely welcoming.

"GWENNN WAKE-" Quinn came in shouting, but once she saw me her whole attitude changed.

"DAHLIE!!" She sprints towards me for a hug that I willingly accept. She created that nick name for me the first day she met me. I don't mind.

"What's up kid? How are you?"

"Good. Do you like my dress? Gwen got it for me." She proudly declares. Spinning around trying to show off more.

"It gorgeous young one..."

Gwen walks out of her bathroom with her short white towel on, brushing her teeth. Upon seeing her Quinn runs and hugs her glistening legs. I can't help but notice her long, shinning legs. I've never really paid mush attention to them until now. She was 5'10 so I'm shocked that I just realized.

"G'd mornin Quinn" Gwen tries so hard, but with the tooth brush stuck in her mouth there isn't much she can say.

She finished brushing her teeth and escorts Quinn out of the room, promising her that she would cook her breakfast.

I use that opportunity to hop into the shower.

*************************************

Gwen's P.O.V

Once Dahlia gets in the shower, I start breathing again. Jesus she was staring so badly. I wanted her but Quinn was here so that would have been awkward, right?

Anyways I plug my iPod into my speakers and start playing "Bring Me To Life" by Evanescence. I don't know why, but I loved that song ever since I was kid. After scavenging my closet, I finally choose to put some faded ripped up skinny jeans and a white v-neck on. I put on a grey, transparent scarf. I throw some socks on and put on my grey boots, content with how I look. While putting on my make-up Dahlia finally gets out of the shower.

"Jesus, took you long enough. What were you doing? Bathing walruses too?"

All she does is smirk and make her way towards me. Leaning towards my ear, I feel goosebumps when her lips skim across my ear.

"Actually, I couldn't stop thinking about you and how badly I wanted you in the shower, with me." She says seductively while her teeth graze my ear, increasing my heart beat.

Oh. My. God. Damn this girl. The things she does to me. I realize that I've been silent for far too long. Okay Gwen think of something sexy in response.

"Uh..well Um. Y-you should probably get dressed. Don't want to be late for school." And with that I left room, grabbing my keys, bag, an jacket on the way out.

Are you fucking kidding me Gwen. 'Don't want to be late for school'. She was practically begging for more, but oh no all you could think about was school. Jesus.

Shaking my head from my clouded thoughts, I walk into the kitchen, ready to make breakfast. It's 6:45 so I've still got time.

About 15 minutes later, a disappointed Dahlia walks down the stairs. I couldn't even find myself looking at her because I'm too embarrassed. Thank god Quinn and Luke are chatty.

"BREAKFAST!!!" Quinn hops into a chair with Luke trailing closely behind her. I give both of them their plates and without hesitation they dig in.

"Do you want any?"

"Uh sure. Why not?" She gives the saddest smile and I feel terrible.

A few seconds later I come back with our plates and take a seat next to her.

"I didn't mean to run off like that, it's just you make me so damn hot" I whisper in her ear, biting my lower lip when she looks at me. Her cheeks instantly turn three shade of red. She hides her face in the crook of my neck. Her warm breath sending chills all throughout my body.

After breakfast, I put the dishes in the sink and usher every one out to the car, holding hands with Quinn.

Thank god my aunt or her husband weren't home, that would have just ruined this perfect morning.

If only things could have stayed that way...