Chapter 9

All that I could do was look up at him. He, like I, was cover in blood. But his wasn't the result of an accident. He was the cause of all of this pain.

"Why!?" Was the only thing I could get out through all of my chokes and sobs. Why had he killed my family. We all trusted him. He was like my second father. Why had he done this to us. We fucking trusted him!

"Gwen honey go now!!" My father shouted but I was frozen by Kyle's cold glare.

"Because your family shouldn't be here! Dan is not supposed to be your damn father! It should be me! I loved her and he stole her from me! This should be my family and since I can't have it, no one will!"

His cold, lifeless glare never changed. He aimed his gun at my head and I couldn't react.

Before I knew it, my father had him against a wall, barely fighting him off.

"RUN GWEN! JUST KEEP RUNNING. DADDY WILL BE.." His shouts made my run for my life. I didn't stay to hear the rest. I just kept running.

I heard another shot, but I didn't stop. I made my way to Mr. Smiths house, banging on his door. Praying that he was still home.

After what seemed like an eternity he opened up and when saw me he grabbed me into a hug and shouted for his wife to call the police satiation. After that everything went black

Back in reality, I'm still crying. Is that what trust got you? Pain and suffering? I should have just ignored her.

*************************************

DAHLIAS P.O.V

"Gwen?" Was all that I could say. I knew I fucked up once I allowed myself to kiss back him back. DAMN IT.

I tried chasing her but her long legs just propelled her fast and farther away from me. I just stood there. Speechless.

"Well that was awkward,eh?" I felt his hand grip my hips, nibbling my ear. I pushed him into a wall, unable to control my anger

"Why the fuck did you do that?!"

Mike just smiled

"What? It's not like you wanted it to stop, now did you?

I was completely silent

"Exactly!" His voice rising "so don't you dare try and place all the blame on me. You could have fought, you could have done something but you let it happen. So don't you DARE try and make me out to be the bad guy!!"

He was right. I let this happen. I was the one who was somewhat with Gwen. I had been leading her on but, I swear she was the only one that I wanted.

I just started to cry. I really fucked up.

*************************************

Finally school was over, and I was up and out of the building, running towards my car. Trying to get to Gwen as fast as possible. I fumble with my car keys saying curse words that I never knew existed. Once I got my key in the ignition I was flying down the street towards her house.

Her truck wasn't outside, but I thought I'd try my luck. Parking my car on the curb, I sprinted towards the front door.

I knew that someone was home because of the blaring television.

I knocked repeatedly until I heard footsteps.

Oh, fucking great. Was all I thought.

"Hello sir is Gwen in?" I tried my hardest to be polite

"I don't fucking know and quite frankly I don't fucking care." And with that the door was slammed in my face.

Yep, perfect response from that jack ass.

I decided to wait outside on the steps. I called her a million time and with every call I sent a text. I was there late enough to greet both Luke and Quinn once they each got home.

My phone had over 100 text from the stupid group chat, none of which were from Gwen.

All they cared about was the party that we were supposed to be going to and to my surprise Gwen actually responded

Gwen: 'I'm not going to that shit so count me out. Have fun with each other. Just seriously get me out of this shit'

Me: 'Gwen!! Why have you being ignoring me? Call me please!'

Mike: 'yeah Gwen. call me ;)'

No one replied for what seemed like forever. Then finally

Gwen: 'fuck the both of you. Matter of fact, fuck all of you. You're all fake as shit and don't care about other people. I'm sick of this shit. "

And that was the last thing she texted.

The pain that ravaged my heart was unbearable. I just cried and cried. Did I hurt her that badly? Had I ruined her?