Chapter 5, The Party

I jumped back into Parker's truck with tears still in my eyes. "Are you ok, Bookworm?" Parker asked. "Yeah. I'm fine. We better get going or we are going to be late," I said whipping a tear from my cheek. Then Parker turns the key and a few minutes later he asked me "Hey did Cole say something?" "Nothing happened," I yelled back. "Fine, I was trying to cheer my girlfriend up," Parker said kinda with an attitude. "I know, but it was kinda personal," I said calmly. "Ok," Parker said as we pulled into the school parking lot. "Hey, I got to run," He said as he kissed me and run to the school. "Good luck," I yelled after him. "Thanks, Bookworm," Parker yelled back as the door shut behind him. After buying my ticket, I went to sit with Quinn, Dakota, and some of their friends. "Hey," They all yelled. "Hi," I said as I sat down. The boys ran onto the field ready to play their enemies, The Northwest Wolves. After hours, the game was finally over and we beat the wolves by a big shot, 36-7. I went to stand by the fence to congratulate the boys with their win. "Hey, bookworm. How was I?" Parker asked when he came off the field. "You were great. You all did great," I said. "We haven't won any games this season, but it is the 5th game. I think you are my good luck charm," Parker said as he hugged me. "Hey, Parker comes on," the coach yelled. "Yep, I'm coming," Parker yelled back to the coach. "I'll meet you at the truck in ten minutes," Parker said as he ran to catch up with the team. I walked to the truck to wait for Parker and Quinn yelled behind me "Hey, Luna. Are you going to the party?" "Yeah, are you?" I asked. "Yeah. Could I have a ride?" Quinn asked, "I rode with Dakota but she doesn't want to come to the party." "Yeah I think it should be fine," I said as I pointed for Quinn to get in the back seat. "Thanks," she said as she climbed in. After I got in I saw Parker coming out of the school with some friends. He waved to them as he got in the truck. "I hope it's ok if Quinn rides with us. I'll give her a ride home later," I said. "Yeah that's fine," Parker said as he turned the key and pulled out of the parking lot. 

By the time we made it to Parker's house, there were already a lot of people there. "Hey, Is your sister and parents still here?" I asked as we got out. "No, they went to my grandparents for the night. So we have all night," Parker said as we walked into the house. "Hey, Parker is here everyone," someone shouted when they saw him. Parker got pulled into a crowd of people and tried to grab my head but he couldn't reach me. So I went with Quinn to find some of her friends. "Are you Parker's girlfriend," one of Quinn's friends asked. "Yeah," I said. "Then why aren't you with Parker," the same girl asked. " He's with his friends, it's fine," I responded. I was listening to the girls' conversation when I heard yelling coming from the front door. I went to see what was going on and I hear, "Luna... Parker...." I pushed through a group of people and Cole was standing in the front entry yelling. "Cole," I yelled. "What are you doing here?" I walked over to him and caught him before he fell over. "Are you drunk?" "Nope, I'm perfectly fine," Cole said and I could smell alcohol on Cole's breath. "Parker," I yelled as I pushed through the crowd of people with Cole on my shoulder. "Parker," I yelled again. "Hey Bookworm," he said as he turned around. "What is he doing here," Parker said as soon as he saw Cole. "He is drunk," I said. "I don't think that's my problem," Parker said. "Then can I at less take him to your room until I can get ahold of my dad to come and get him?" I asked. "Yeah, That's fine I guess," Parker answered. "Come on Cole," I said as I helped Cole to the stairs and Parker's room. 

"Are you ok?" I asked when I sat Cole on the bed. "I said I was fine," He said. "Why were you drinking?" I asked. "I needed to," he said. "Why," I asked. "Because I love you," Cole said as he stood up. I stepped back but the door stopped me. "Stop," I said as I tried to push him away. "Come on, I know you still love me, too," he said as he grabbed my hands. "Cole, please stop," I said as I tried to get his hands off of mine. "Oh come on," he said as he throws me on the bed. "Get off of me," I yelled. "Stop moving," Cole said as he tried to kiss me but I was trying to getaway.  "Help, Parker," I yelled hoping someone would hear me. "Would you shut up," he said as he covers my mouth and kissed my neck. I squirmed and licked his hand. "Oh come on. That's not the first time you have licked my hand, sweetheart," Cole said in a sweet face. Then we hear a knock on the door and, "Luna, are you ok," it was Parker. I tried to yell but his head was still over my mouth. "Luna," Parker said again. Then he opened the door and pushed Cole to the wall and grabbed my hand and stood in front of me. "I know you were trouble when you tried to take Luna with you earlier," Parker said in a tough face. Cole got up off the ground and walked over to the door where there was a backpack that I didn't see he had before. "NO," I screamed as I jumped in front of Parker.