Chapter 14, The Last Week

It was the last week of my Senior year and I was excited to get out of school, but on the other hand, I was scared of what would happen after this week. 

I rolled over to my phone and it was blicking. I opened it to a message from Parker. "Hey, Bookworm. U ready?" I got out of bed and put on jean shorts and a t-shirt with "Graffiti" writing on it. I text Parker back saying "Yeah, give me ten minutes." "Cooper. You up," I said knocking on his door. "I'm coming," he yelled. I run down the stairs yelling at dad, "I leaving." "Ok. Bye honey," he yells back. I grab a pop-tart and run over to Parker's. Lily answered the door. "Luna," Lily said giving me a hug. "Hey. How you feeling," I asked. "Better than I did last week," she said. "That's good," I said. Then Parker came up behind Lily. "You ready," he asked. "Yep. Bye Lily," I said as she closed the door behind us. 

We got to school and walked in together everyone was giving us looks. Parker walked me to my locker and Quinn and Dakota were waiting for me. Parker kissed me on the forehead and walked to his locker. "Whoa. What's going on. Last week you guys weren't even talking and he is kissing you like nothing happened," Quinn said. "I don't know what's go on. It's complicated," I said. "I don't do complicated," she said. "Me neither," Dakota said. 

"What a long day," I said getting into Parker's truck after school. "We barely did anything," he said. "I know that's the point," I said laughing. "So... You're really going to go through with being with Cole for a month," Parker asked. "Yeah, I really think this will help. I want to get to know Cole better," I said. "But what if he does it again," he said. "I hope he doesn't," I said. "Parker," I said with a pause. "Yeah," he said pulling up in front of his house and turning off the truck. "I need to tell you something," I said. Parker gave me a serious look. "I know we have been having rough times but....," I said. Parker didn't say anything. "Don't get me wrong I love you, but I think we need to take a break for a while until I figure out what I want." "I understand," he said. "You do," I asked. "Yeah, but as long as you not going to run to Cole and be with him," Parker said. "No I won't I just want to be friends with him," I said. "I think," I said in my head. "So that means I can't kiss you like this," he said kissing me. I kissed him back but pushed him off and said "Please stop. You're going to make me change my mind." "That's the point," he said trying to kiss me again but I got off the car before he could reach me and waved to him through the window and ran into my house. 

I ran up to my room and sat in my window seat and waved to Parker and gave him a tempting look. I looked down at my phone and there was a message from Dakota," Hey, we still going shopping." "Yep, on the way. I'll pick up Quinn first then I'll be there." I waved bye to Parker and ran downstairs. "Where you going," Cooper asked. "Shopping with Quinn and Dakota," I said. "Ok," Cooper said going up to his room. "Bye," I yelled and walked out to my car. 

I picked up Quinn and Dakota. Once Dakota got in the back seat I said, "Are you guys excited." "Well yeah," Dakota said. When we got to the mall, the first store we went to was Macys. We walked around for a while until I found the best graduation dress. The dress was knee-length tank top with a black top and flows into a pastel blue and purple and my shoes were black heels that wrapped around my leg. Dakota got her dress at Dress Barn. It was a knee-length short sleeve that was a bright reddish-orange and her shoes were black flats. Then Quinn got her dress at Dress Barn, also. Her dress was longer than mine with a longer sleeve and was a dark blue with white heels. 

On the way home Quinn as me, "So how you doing with the whole Cole and Parker thing." "It's fine. I've decided while I'm getting to know Cole better, Parker and I are going to take a break," I said pulling up to Dakota's house. "I hope you figure this out, Luna. Bye guys," Dakota said as she got out. "Bye," Quinn and I said. I drove to Quinn's house next and when I pulled down her street she said, "So who do you want to be with, Cole or Parker." "I just want to be just friends with Cole and I'm not sure what I want to be with Parker," I said as I pulled up to her house. "Maybe a break from both of them will help," Quinn said as she got out and shut the door. 

I drove home questioning everything. What if I did take a break from Cole, too? What happens if I leave both of them and never see them again? So many questions rushed through my head on the way home. "Hey, honey. What did you get at the mall," dad asked when I walked through the door. I showed him my dress and he said, "I love it, sweetheart. Your mom would have loved it too." "Thanks," I said go up the stairs to my room. I thought all night about Cole and Parker. I know soon I'll be gradationing and spending the next month with Cole but did I want to. I decided to write in my book to mom. 

Dear mom,

   I'm stuck. I need your help more than ever right now. I know I love Parker, but I can't be him right now if I'm going to spend next month with Cole. I wish you were here to help me.

   I love you, Luna