Chapter 11, Cole/Parker

/Cole/

I still remember the first day I met Cole. It was the first day of kindergarten and he was the new kid. I told my parents about him and they recognized the last name, Walker. They said his parents went to school with them. Levi Walker was friends with my dad and Levi married Eva Lee who was friends with my mom. They all grow up in New York City and my mom and Eva were pregnant at the same time, but never talked to each other after Cole and I were born. 

After a week, Cole seemed like he didn't have any friends, so I invited him over for a play date. "My mommy said she know your mommy when she was in school," I said. "You should ask your mommy to come for a play date." I think this is what I said. I know it sounds funny, but I was 5 for crying out loud. Cole's mom called my mom and he comes over after school that day. 

When Cole got to my condo, his parents were with him. My mom was excited to see Eva again after so many years. Oh, I forgot about Cooper he was only about a month old, though. They talked about the years passed and about my mom's cancer. 

When we got to first grade Cole's father left them for a striper and had kids with her, but Cole doesn't talk about them much. We all stayed close and every summer we would go to a lake house until my mom got to sick to go and die a few years later when I was 14 and Cooper was 3. We never went back and I forgot all about it until Cole took me there.

After hanging out with Cole for so long, I started to fall for him, but he didn't know that before he started raping me. He started to rape me when we were only 15. I recently found out his mom was raped after his dad left and thought it was how to say how much he cares.  After a while he found out I liked him when we were younger, so he promised me he would never rape me again if I dated him, so I trusted him, but he lied. This went on until I moved to Blessings. 

I wish he was still the same person I met in Kindergarten. I know people change but not the way Cole did. If I do go to the Police station, I don't know what will happen with me and Cole or even me and Parker. 

                                                                                 /Parker/

The first day I met Parker was a bit embarrassing because we just got to our new house in Blessings and I was were sweatpants and an old t-shirt with a book in my hands. My dad never warned me there was a cute guy downstairs. I guess he didn't mind the clothes because we started date days later. 

Parker said his childhood wasn't the best either. With his sister always coming first and spreading days in the hospitals and late nights with his sister crying in pain, he barely had a normal childhood. At first, he hated it, but as he got older he realized Lily needed all of his parent's attention. And more than ever now that she was laying in the hospital and not knowing what comes next. 

When Parker hit high school he started getting some of his parent's attention. They wanted him to be with whoever was the head cheerleader and be the star quarterback just like them. During freshman year, he never tried out for the football team and his parents weren't happy about it, but they said he had 3 more years to try out. He was getting tired of his parents getting on his back about it, so he tried out his sophomore year and ended up on the low end of the ranking list. He became the punter instead of being at the top. His parents tried to fight the school, but because he didn't join his freshman year he was put at the bottom. After much hard work in his sophomore year, he became the quarterback his junior year after the original one graduated. He started dating Autumn the head cheerleader and loved everything about is Junior your until he went to visit his aunt in Nashville. 

When he was in Nashville, he found a love of music. His aunt taught him how to play the guitar and gave him lessons on singing. When he got home, he wanted to tell his parents about his love for music but didn't want to burst their bubble of him being like them, so he stayed in football just for them. When senior year started he broke up with Autumn and his parents still thought they were still together until his mom found out we were together. Just to think of it, I never met his dad. Which is really weird. Parker talks about him sometimes but not much.  

So If I stay with Parker, I'll never know if Cole could change back to himself, but if I leave, I'll be leaving Lily in the hospital with a heartbroken brother. I do love them both, but who is meeting to be just a friend and who is meeting to be my soulmate?

________________________________________________________________________________

Leave a comment about who you want Luna to be with. And any other ideas you have about my book. I hope you are liking my book!!!!