thirty-one: 나를 구 해주셔서 고마워

both of the shocked boys wasted no time in rushing to the car. with yoongi & jimin both still bawling their eyes out, the younger didn't spare a second as he shoved his keys into the ignition, hearing the car revving in response. pressing his foot on the accelerator, he sped out of the driveway.

"yoongi, d-do you have the letter?" jimin sniffled, keeping his bloodshot eyes on the road. he saw yoongi nod in the corner of his vision, but proceeded to keep his eyes on the road.

"r-read out the end, i didnt get a chance to read it" jimin asked, immediately regretting it when yoongi began reciting the letter.

"i'm sorry for leaving you, for leaving all of you. i just can't take this anymore. i have to let myself go, let myself be free. thank you for loving me & making me smile. sincerely, jungkook" yoongi managed to recite without his voice breaking, but his fast falling tears quickly wet the paper as he crumpled it in his hands.

"wait," jimin paused, quickly pressing his foot on the break, making both of the boys in the vehicle move forward a little, "he said let myself be free, right?" jimin asked.

yoongi un-crumpled the paper, his eyes scanning the paper until he found the line jimin recited. he nodded his head, but let out a squeal when jimin started the car again, speeding off in full speed.

"WHAT THE HELL, JIMIN!" yoongi shouted in fear, clutching his chest to somehow help his heart calm down. jimin smoked quickly at yoongi, confusing the older even more than he already was.

"i know where kookie is. when we were younger, he'd always go to busan's diamond bridge to calm down. but he said he did it to let himself be free, to calm him down. yoongi, i found kookie" jimin choked out, speeding up even more. yoongi smiled at him, resting a hand on his thigh & giving it a reassuring squeeze, "i'm so proud of you"

within minutes, jimin had stopped the car on the bridge, seeing a familiar figure standing by the edge. jimin was frozen shut on his seat, but yoongi barely wasted a millisecond, jumping out of the car & running over to jungkook.

wrapping his slim arms around the youngers waist, he pulled him away from the edge, sending both of them topping to the floor.

"jungkook! jungkook please don't!" yoongi cried, clutching onto jungkook as if it would save his own life.

that clutch saved jungkook's.

"jungkook!" jimin screamed, running over to the boys on the floor to join in on the hug, his tears pouring out of his eyes.

yoongi sat up, anger mixed with sadness shining in his eyes. his nose twitched as his bottom lip quivered. his smacked jungkook across the arm with every word, "stupid! jungkook! don't! do! that! ever! again! you! idiot!"

"i-i don't know what we'd do if we lost you"

*pause* wait. did you actually think i was going to kill off jungkook. well, you're wrong. don't judge a book by its cover.

iM SORRY I HAD TO OKOK