I

Keith sat a top of a skyscraper, happily letting the wind blow through his hair while he grips his mask. He follows the setting sun with his violet eyes. Keith lets his mind wander from topic to topic.

His mind wanders to his parents. He had nearly forgotten what they looked like, he could vaguely remember his father. A tall man, strong arms and a slight stubble. He remembers his mother even less. One memory he hang onto is her eyes, the soulful eyes he shared with her.

Keith is startled out of his thoughts, feeling a tingle in the back of his head. He stands up and sighs, his peace interrupted yet again by a criminal.

. . .

Keith hangs low at school, not drawing attention to himself and very content with that. He drummed his pencil on his desk and gazed at Lance, the 'class clown' of their grade. The kid had a habit of trying to make a joke out of everything and lifting everyone into a good mood. Something that Keith admired very much, though it got annoying at times.

"Keith! Hello? What is the answer?" Mr. Iverson yelled, jerking Keith back to reality. He gazed to the board and stuttered "Uh, x equals.. -72?" He says, wording it more like a question. The teacher nodded "Finally" He says bluntly, turning back to the board and continuing the lesson.

Keith gazed back at Lance to find the boy staring at him. Keith felt his face heat up  and looked down to his notes awkwardly. Lance was left staring at Keith quizzically, trying to figure the raven haired boy.

The bell rung and Keith hurried out of the room and to his locker. He felt his head tingle before hearing a voice from behind him "Hey". Keith sighed, recognizing the voice almost instantly. "What do you want, Lotor?" He asks in routine.

The tall boy looms over Keith and smiles menacingly. "Homework"

"Not a chance"

"Now, preferably"

"Suck my ass, Lotor" Keith instantly regrets his choice of words when he's met by a hard shoves into the lockers. Keith drops his bag and cusses under his breath. Lotor and the few bullies trailing behind him laugh as Lotor grabs the paper he needs from Keiths bag and walks off.

Keith sits on the ground and collects his papers off the ground slowly, already knowing he'll be late to class.

"Hey"

Keith looks up, his eyes looking for the source of the voice only to be met by a pair of brilliant blue eyes.  "Need some help there?" The boy who Keith had identified as Lance.

"Not if your here to push me around more" Keith answers plainly, shoving papers into his bag.

"I'm not an ass like Lotor, I'm actually Lance" He jokes, and holds his hand out of Keith.

Keith looks at Lance hand then back at Lance. He takes Lances hand and lets Lance help
him up. "Keith" He introduces himself while dusting himself off.

"Keith does sound like the kind of name a guy with a mullet would have" Lance smirks, earning an eyeroll from Keith.

"Yeah yeah, whatever. Ill see you.. later i guess" Keith waves his hand, slinging his bag across his body and waking to class, leaving Lance with a racing heart beat.

A/N: even though i love Lotor in season 5 i made him an asshole in this fic 🤷🏻‍♂️