Chapter One

I was in my room listening to my music. This Is War by 30 Seconds To Mars. I have a life no one else has. My brothers are vampires and I'm a human. I was adopted as a baby. Even though I'm adopted I look a lot like my oldest brother, Damon. We have the same blue eyes. I also have the same hair color as Stefan. Light-ish brown. I sighed and got up from my bed and went downstairs.

"Rome!" I heard. I looked at the door and saw my brother, Damon. I stated silent as I looked down and walked to the kitchen. "Rome!" Damon yelled. I walked back into sight. "Aren't you going to say hi to your big brother?" He asked. I looked at Stefan. He motioned with his eyes to say something.

I shook my head no and looked away. I turned to go upstairs but as I did, Damon was in front of me. "It's rude to ignore your big brother, Rome, I taught you better," Damon said stern. I looked down as tears filled my eyes. He doesn't even know me well enough to know that I don't talk much.

"Rome," Damon warned but in a soft tone. "H-hi d-damon," I said softly. He put his finger under my chin, forcing me to look at him. "What's wrong?" He asked as he noticed the tears. "St-stefan," I said as tears fell. I felt someone rub my back before pulling me to their chest. I silently cried into Stefans' chest as he rubbed my back.

"You don't even know your little brother!" Stefan scoffed at Damon. "Yes I do!" Damon said getting mad. "Yeah? What makes him upset?" Stefan asked. "When someone's mad at him," Damon answered. "That's one," Stefan said. "Huh?" Damon asked. "He doesn't like when people are mad at him, he hates yelling, he doesn't like to talk, he doesn't like being forced to talk or look at someone when he doesn't want to," Stefan said. "He also hates when someone leaves him," he added. "Why don't you go upstairs? You can put a movie on in my room if you want," Damon said. I nodded and sniffled before slowly letting go of Stefan. I quickly ran up the stairs and to Damons' room.

I put in the clown movie IT. I love horror movies. I don't find them scary. I find them funny most of the time. I snuggled into the pillows on Damons' bed and covered myself up before pressing play. I lay there and watched the movie before the door opened. I paused the movie and saw Damon stick his head in. I stayed silent and played the movie again. I heard Damon sigh before walking in and closing the door. "Rome?" He asked as he walked towards the bed. I stayed silent and kept my eyes on the movie.

I heard him sigh again before the bed dipped next to me. "Rome? Can you look at me?" He asked. I reluctantly, slowly looked at him. I only held eye contact for a couple of seconds before my eyes found there way the covers. "Rome, I know I've upset a lot. But, I'm here to make it up to you!" He said. I just lay there not moving as I fiddled with the covers. "Ronan, I know more now. And I want to be the brother I promised you I'd be," he added. I slowly looked back at him. He smiled at me. "Can you try to talk more?" He asked. I shook my head no and looked away. He sighed.

I felt him gently grab my arm and pull me towards him. "I got you something," he said. I looked up at him. He reached to the floor and pulled up Thunder, my teddy bear. "Thunder!" I smiled and grabbed him. Damon smiled at my reaction and held me close to him. He had his arms wrapped around me and my head was on his chest and I was curled into a little ball. I soon felt myself fall asleep in Damons' arms. My big brothers arms.